Add your voice to St Albans Chamber Choir ranks
Give us a tenor… or any other voice! That s the message coming loud and clear from St Albans Chamber Choir for their open rehearsal taking place next week. The group, which has about 40 members, is looking for local talent to come and get involved in thei
Give us a tenor... or any other voice! That's the message coming loud and clear from St Albans Chamber Choir for their open rehearsal taking place next week.
The group, which has about 40 members, is looking for local talent to come and get involved in their Christmas concert.
John Gibbons, musical director for the choir said: "we are always looking for committed new singers who want to sing with a friendly, sociable choir.
"Although we aspire to professional standards, enthusiasm and a sense of humour are just as important as a good singing voice, solid sight-reading skills, and the ability to learn a new repertoire quickly," he said.
You may also want to watch:
The open rehearsal will take place on Tuesday, October 20, at 8pm at Fleetville Junior School Hall on Hatfield Road and give potential new members a taste of what the choir has to offer.
Rehearsals for the Christmas concert start on December 12 in the Pastoral Centre in London Colney.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
The Chamber Choir rehearses every Tuesday evening during term-time. For more information contact Sue Penny on 01582 620398, or visit: www.stalbanschamberchoir.org.uk.