Acoustics in Clarence Park, St Albans
ALFRESCO acoustic lounging is on offer this Sunday as part of Music in the Parks. From 1.30pm to 5pm at the Clarence Park Bandstand, Bill Johnston is hosting performances from five artists in association with the Blue Angel Acoustic Club and Acoustic Loun
ALFRESCO acoustic lounging is on offer this Sunday as part of Music in the Parks.
From 1.30pm to 5pm at the Clarence Park Bandstand, Bill Johnston is hosting performances from five artists in association with the Blue Angel Acoustic Club and Acoustic Lounge.
Bill is responsible for the nights at The Horn and the Maltings Arts Theatre respectively and St Albans is well known for having a vibrant acoustic music scene.
Appearing on Sunday will be Stuart O'Connor with his folk-tinged acoustica which has seen him wow audiences in the UK and Australia and Dene Rosewarn with his animated lyrics that are reminiscent of both Bob Dylan and Ray Davies.
You may also want to watch:
There is a contemporary air and haunting allure to the songs of sometime Autumnkind singer Marc Ozall while as frontman with The Faith Stealers, Gary Sear has developed a loyal local fan base.
Completing the line-up will be Katie Masson who tugs at heartstrings one minute and sets feet tapping with soulful small-city bitterness the next.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
Admission to the concert is free and further details of forthcoming Music in the Parks events can be found at www.lemonrock.com/musicintheparks and www.myspace.com/saasharts