The world According to Arthur is coming to St Albans
- Credit: Peter J Norris
A captivating children’s theatre production can be seen on stage in St Albans this weekend.
There are two performances of According to Arthur... in The SandPit Theatre at Sandringham School on Saturday, September 30, at 11.30am and 2.30pm.
Paddleboat Theatre Company brings its five-star production from the Edinburgh Fringe Festival to the theatre in The Ridgeway as part of a national tour.
Through storytelling, puppetry and music, they tell the story of Arthur, an old man who lives all alone in his attic.
Arthur never ventures into the outside world. Instead he spends all of his time with his only friend – the Moon.
He writes letters and postcards up to the Moon, sending them attached to balloons.
But the clouds have now covered the sky and the Moon is nowhere to be seen, and without it Arthur’s life suddenly feels empty.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 5 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 10 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
After years of hiding, he decides to finally step outside his front door and rediscover the adventurous life he once led.
The book of According to Arthur is also available to purchase after the performance to carry on the fun at home.
Tickets are £8 for adults and £6 for concessions.
They are available from the box office on 01727 799565 and online at www.sandpittheatre.co.uk
The production is recommended for ages three plus.