The world According to Arthur is coming to St Albans
- Credit: Peter J Norris
A captivating children’s theatre production can be seen on stage in St Albans this weekend.
There are two performances of According to Arthur... in The SandPit Theatre at Sandringham School on Saturday, September 30, at 11.30am and 2.30pm.
Paddleboat Theatre Company brings its five-star production from the Edinburgh Fringe Festival to the theatre in The Ridgeway as part of a national tour.
Through storytelling, puppetry and music, they tell the story of Arthur, an old man who lives all alone in his attic.
Arthur never ventures into the outside world. Instead he spends all of his time with his only friend – the Moon.
You may also want to watch:
He writes letters and postcards up to the Moon, sending them attached to balloons.
But the clouds have now covered the sky and the Moon is nowhere to be seen, and without it Arthur’s life suddenly feels empty.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
After years of hiding, he decides to finally step outside his front door and rediscover the adventurous life he once led.
The book of According to Arthur is also available to purchase after the performance to carry on the fun at home.
Tickets are £8 for adults and £6 for concessions.
They are available from the box office on 01727 799565 and online at www.sandpittheatre.co.uk
The production is recommended for ages three plus.