The world According to Arthur is coming to St Albans
- Credit: Peter J Norris
A captivating children’s theatre production can be seen on stage in St Albans this weekend.
There are two performances of According to Arthur... in The SandPit Theatre at Sandringham School on Saturday, September 30, at 11.30am and 2.30pm.
Paddleboat Theatre Company brings its five-star production from the Edinburgh Fringe Festival to the theatre in The Ridgeway as part of a national tour.
Through storytelling, puppetry and music, they tell the story of Arthur, an old man who lives all alone in his attic.
Arthur never ventures into the outside world. Instead he spends all of his time with his only friend – the Moon.
You may also want to watch:
He writes letters and postcards up to the Moon, sending them attached to balloons.
But the clouds have now covered the sky and the Moon is nowhere to be seen, and without it Arthur’s life suddenly feels empty.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
After years of hiding, he decides to finally step outside his front door and rediscover the adventurous life he once led.
The book of According to Arthur is also available to purchase after the performance to carry on the fun at home.
Tickets are £8 for adults and £6 for concessions.
They are available from the box office on 01727 799565 and online at www.sandpittheatre.co.uk
The production is recommended for ages three plus.