A place in the park
BANDS, solo acts and DJs are being sought to perform at one of this year s gigs in the Music in the Parks programme. Co-ordinated once again by SAASH Arts, Music in the Parks is a series of concerts that take place in local parks showcasing the quality an
BANDS, solo acts and DJs are being sought to perform at one of this year's gigs in the Music in the Parks programme.
Co-ordinated once again by SAASH Arts, Music in the Parks is a series of concerts that take place in local parks showcasing the quality and diversity of the local music scene.
Last year's programme included gigs at Verulamium, Clarence, Rothamsted and Greenwood Parks and presented an eclectic mix of acts ranging from folk, blues and jazz through to DJs, rock, indie and electronica.
As in previous years, the successful acts will be chosen by a panel of local promoters and music professionals. The Summer Sounds gig, aimed at under-18s, will again be programmed by St Albans and Harpenden Youth Councils.
You may also want to watch:
Music in the Parks will run from June until August and the SAASH team would like it to reflect a broad range of styles and backgrounds. They are especially keen to receive submissions from music genres not previously represented.
Acts must have either a demo CD of at least two tracks or a website or Myspace page with at least two songs. They should also be able to provide a biography and photo.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 8 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 9 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 10 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
Interested acts should either send demo and details no later than February 29 to Grae J. Wall, St Albans Arts, Sport and Health Team, London Colney Recreation Centre, Perham Way, London Colney, Herts AL2 1LB or email email@example.com.
Acts with Myspace pages can also make contact at www.myspace.com/saasharts
The opportunity is provided as part of the Verulam Underground project which seeks to showcase and aid professional development to bands and musicians in the St Albans district.