A place in the park
BANDS, solo acts and DJs are being sought to perform at one of this year s gigs in the Music in the Parks programme. Co-ordinated once again by SAASH Arts, Music in the Parks is a series of concerts that take place in local parks showcasing the quality an
BANDS, solo acts and DJs are being sought to perform at one of this year's gigs in the Music in the Parks programme.
Co-ordinated once again by SAASH Arts, Music in the Parks is a series of concerts that take place in local parks showcasing the quality and diversity of the local music scene.
Last year's programme included gigs at Verulamium, Clarence, Rothamsted and Greenwood Parks and presented an eclectic mix of acts ranging from folk, blues and jazz through to DJs, rock, indie and electronica.
As in previous years, the successful acts will be chosen by a panel of local promoters and music professionals. The Summer Sounds gig, aimed at under-18s, will again be programmed by St Albans and Harpenden Youth Councils.
Music in the Parks will run from June until August and the SAASH team would like it to reflect a broad range of styles and backgrounds. They are especially keen to receive submissions from music genres not previously represented.
Acts must have either a demo CD of at least two tracks or a website or Myspace page with at least two songs. They should also be able to provide a biography and photo.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 9 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Interested acts should either send demo and details no later than February 29 to Grae J. Wall, St Albans Arts, Sport and Health Team, London Colney Recreation Centre, Perham Way, London Colney, Herts AL2 1LB or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acts with Myspace pages can also make contact at www.myspace.com/saasharts
The opportunity is provided as part of the Verulam Underground project which seeks to showcase and aid professional development to bands and musicians in the St Albans district.