A place in the park
BANDS, solo acts and DJs are being sought to perform at one of this year s gigs in the Music in the Parks programme. Co-ordinated once again by SAASH Arts, Music in the Parks is a series of concerts that take place in local parks showcasing the quality an
BANDS, solo acts and DJs are being sought to perform at one of this year's gigs in the Music in the Parks programme.
Co-ordinated once again by SAASH Arts, Music in the Parks is a series of concerts that take place in local parks showcasing the quality and diversity of the local music scene.
Last year's programme included gigs at Verulamium, Clarence, Rothamsted and Greenwood Parks and presented an eclectic mix of acts ranging from folk, blues and jazz through to DJs, rock, indie and electronica.
As in previous years, the successful acts will be chosen by a panel of local promoters and music professionals. The Summer Sounds gig, aimed at under-18s, will again be programmed by St Albans and Harpenden Youth Councils.
You may also want to watch:
Music in the Parks will run from June until August and the SAASH team would like it to reflect a broad range of styles and backgrounds. They are especially keen to receive submissions from music genres not previously represented.
Acts must have either a demo CD of at least two tracks or a website or Myspace page with at least two songs. They should also be able to provide a biography and photo.
- 1 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 2 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 3 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 4 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
Interested acts should either send demo and details no later than February 29 to Grae J. Wall, St Albans Arts, Sport and Health Team, London Colney Recreation Centre, Perham Way, London Colney, Herts AL2 1LB or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acts with Myspace pages can also make contact at www.myspace.com/saasharts
The opportunity is provided as part of the Verulam Underground project which seeks to showcase and aid professional development to bands and musicians in the St Albans district.