A lunch date with rufus
RUFUS Frowde, who has performed recitals at cathedrals all over the country, is putting on the lunchtime organ recital at a St Albans church next Tuesday. Organist and assistant director of music at the Chapel Royal, Hampton Court Palace, Rufus has played
RUFUS Frowde, who has performed recitals at cathedrals all over the country, is putting on the lunchtime organ recital at a St Albans church next Tuesday.
Organist and assistant director of music at the Chapel Royal, Hampton Court Palace, Rufus has played at Southwark, Peterborough and Winchester Cathedrals and is a former organ scholar at Merton College, Oxford, and Worcester Cathedral.
He also has a freelance career as a conductor, accompanist and teacher while finding time to perform as a violinist, most notably with Gene Pitney on his UK tour.
The recital is being held at 12.30pm at Marlborough Road Methodist Church and for part of it, Rufus will be joined by his sister Bimbi who pursues a professional career as mezzo and soprano, both as soloist and with choirs such as Schola Cantorum of Oxford.
You may also want to watch:
Admission to the recital is free with a retiring collection in aid of the New School of Organ Studies and the church. For further details phone 01727 865979 or email email@example.com
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans