A little night music at Alban Arena, St Albans
A WHISTLESTOP tour of the best-loved songs from musical theatre comes to the Alban Arena next Saturday, July 24.
Music of the Night, which starts at 7.30pm, features four West End principals including Annalene Beechey whose long list of credits include Glinda in Wicked, Belle in Disney’s Beauty and the Beast and Cosette in Les Miserables.
The singers are backed by an orchestra of leading West End musicians and perform songs from such shows as Cats, Chess, Chicago, Evita, Jesus Christ Superstar, Les Miserables and many more. It has been hailed as “a must see” by London critics.
Tickets are �16.50 with concessions �1 off, available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488.
Director Roman Polanski’s film The Ghost is being shown at the Arena next week. Based on the novel by Robert Harris, it examines guilt, exile and political expediency with Ewan McGregor as the ghost writer hired to complete the memoirs of a former British Prime Minister who finds his own life in danger.
You may also want to watch:
The Ghost, which can be seen at 7.30pm next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, July 20 to 22, and at 1.30pm on Wednesday, July 21, also stars Pierce Brosnan and Kim Cattrall.
Tickets for the evening performances are �6 with concessions �2 off and for the matinee, �4.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 9 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash