A little night music at Alban Arena, St Albans
A WHISTLESTOP tour of the best-loved songs from musical theatre comes to the Alban Arena next Saturday, July 24.
Music of the Night, which starts at 7.30pm, features four West End principals including Annalene Beechey whose long list of credits include Glinda in Wicked, Belle in Disney’s Beauty and the Beast and Cosette in Les Miserables.
The singers are backed by an orchestra of leading West End musicians and perform songs from such shows as Cats, Chess, Chicago, Evita, Jesus Christ Superstar, Les Miserables and many more. It has been hailed as “a must see” by London critics.
Tickets are �16.50 with concessions �1 off, available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488.
Director Roman Polanski’s film The Ghost is being shown at the Arena next week. Based on the novel by Robert Harris, it examines guilt, exile and political expediency with Ewan McGregor as the ghost writer hired to complete the memoirs of a former British Prime Minister who finds his own life in danger.
You may also want to watch:
The Ghost, which can be seen at 7.30pm next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, July 20 to 22, and at 1.30pm on Wednesday, July 21, also stars Pierce Brosnan and Kim Cattrall.
Tickets for the evening performances are �6 with concessions �2 off and for the matinee, �4.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'