A.D. Dance Company at the Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
A TRIPLE bill of their most current work will be premiered by the A.D. Dance Company at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans next Friday and Saturday, April 27 and 28.
Entitled 10/4, the 8pm show features three very diverse works from the company repertoire, two of which have been shown throughout the UK and Scotland in the last 18 months.
The third, And They Have Escaped, choreographed by company dancers Chandelle Allen and Brett Murray, will be premiered at the St Albans theatre. A previously-unseen work, it takes dancers in a new choreographic direction and tests their limits.
10/4 also comprises Fawn, a neo-classical piece choreographed to the music of Mozart’s Requiem, and Memento, a collaboration with the Docklands Sinfonia Orchestra, which highlights the skill and technicality of both art forms.
A.D. Dance Company was founded in November 2009 by Holly Noble, associate dance artist with English National Ballet and artistic director of English National Ballet Youth Company. The company’s first performance was in 2010 and it has steadily built a reputation for its exceptionally strong dancers and technical choreography.
You may also want to watch:
It is unique in being the only small-scale neo-classical company of its kind within London.
Tickets at �12.50 and �7.50 are available from www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo or at the box office on 07807 521436.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style