A choir for everyone at the Trestle Arts Base, St Albans
A BRAND-new choir is being launched in St Albans next month for all singers from the complete beginner to the advanced.
The Nextstage Choir will be based at Trestle Arts Base in Russet Drive, St Albans, and will feature music from big band to modern day rock and pop.
It is open to everyone aged from 18 to 90 whether they feel they cannot sing a note or have a practised and confident voice.
Nextstage have been holding singing courses in London and the Home Counties for over seven years and have just finished another sold-out course at Trestle. They are intending to run for three terms a year with members under no obligation to attend every term.
Russell Scott is directing the choir and bringing all his experience to bear. He has been in the music industry professionally for over 30 years working in the worlds of classical and musical theatre.
He is not only an accomplished singer but also a vocal coach and artistic director.
He said: “The ethos of the Nextstage Choir is simple. It is a choir open for all, the aim is to make good music, make friends, have fun and ultimately develop and progress as a unit.”
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 4 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 8 St Albans SustFest events aim to boost local nature
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
To reserve a place or find more details contact Nextstage on 01628 898958 or go to firstname.lastname@example.org or www.nextstagedrama.co.uk