A chance to be king with St Albans Operatic Society
ENTHUSIASTIC children aged between seven and 12 are being sought by the award-winning St Albans Operatic Society (SAOS) for next year s production of The King and I. The Rodgers and Hammerstein show is being performed from May 18 to 22 at the Alban Arena.
ENTHUSIASTIC children aged between seven and 12 are being sought by the award-winning St Albans Operatic Society (SAOS) for next year's production of The King and I.
The Rodgers and Hammerstein show is being performed from May 18 to 22 at the Alban Arena.
The King in question has a large family so SAOS is looking for around 30 seven to 12 year olds to swell the ranks.
An audition is being held between 2pm and 5pm on Sunday (22) at St John Fisher School in Hazelmere Road, St Albans.
You may also want to watch:
Foremost among the roles are Prince Chululongkron, the heir to the throne, and Louis Leonowens, the son of the English governess. Both parts require boys of about 12 with good acting and singing skills.
Rehearsals will start on Sundays in January and to register interest and find out further details about the audition and show, contact Lesley Duggan on 01727 854110 or email email@example.com
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style