A chance to be king with St Albans Operatic Society
ENTHUSIASTIC children aged between seven and 12 are being sought by the award-winning St Albans Operatic Society (SAOS) for next year s production of The King and I. The Rodgers and Hammerstein show is being performed from May 18 to 22 at the Alban Arena.
ENTHUSIASTIC children aged between seven and 12 are being sought by the award-winning St Albans Operatic Society (SAOS) for next year's production of The King and I.
The Rodgers and Hammerstein show is being performed from May 18 to 22 at the Alban Arena.
The King in question has a large family so SAOS is looking for around 30 seven to 12 year olds to swell the ranks.
An audition is being held between 2pm and 5pm on Sunday (22) at St John Fisher School in Hazelmere Road, St Albans.
You may also want to watch:
Foremost among the roles are Prince Chululongkron, the heir to the throne, and Louis Leonowens, the son of the English governess. Both parts require boys of about 12 with good acting and singing skills.
Rehearsals will start on Sundays in January and to register interest and find out further details about the audition and show, contact Lesley Duggan on 01727 854110 or email email@example.com
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 8 Shortages crisis hits district
- 9 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book