A A Milne-inspired songs brought to Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Berklee College of Music
Multi-award winning American saxophonist and composer Patrick Cornelius presents a UK premiere when he appears with his octet at Herts Jazz Club on Sunday night. (7)
While We’re Still Young features songs inspired by the children’s poetry of A.A. Milne.
Originally commissioned by Chamber Music America as part of their 2012 New Jazz Works programme, the suite pays tribute to the classic whimsical adventures of Christopher Robin from Milne’s 1924 collection “When We Were Very Young”.
At the same time it gives a nod to composers like Duke Ellington, Gil Evans, Thad Jones, and Debussy, and provides the members of an all-star ensemble plenty of space for development and expression.
A native of Texas Patrick has cultivated an impressive body of work as a leader and performed his original music in some of the world’s top jazz venues. He has also played with a wide cross-section of established masters.
The gig starts at 7.30pm at the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City, and tickets in advance from here are £3 students/£10 members/£13 concessions/£14 full.
You may also want to watch:
On the door they are £5 students/£12 members/£15 concessions/£16 full.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park