The Feeling lead singer joins Meraki Allstars for festival show
- Credit: Archant
The Meraki Festival organisers have announced one very special guest vocalist to light up their main stage this weekend.
Dan Gillespie Sells, lead singer and guitarist from English rock band The Feeling, will join headliners The Meraki Allstars on Saturday night.
Famous for their smash-hit tracks Sewn, Never Be Lonely, Fill My Little World and I Love It When You Call, The Feeling first began climbing the charts in 2005, and have since toured America, Japan and beyond. Highlights include the group’s performances at Wembley Stadium and the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury Festival.
The five-piece from Horsham, West Sussex took a hiatus last Christmas following their October tour, stating: “Last night marked the last show that we’ll play together for a long time.
“Whilst we truly believe that it’s not over, it’s the end of a long and extraordinary chapter of our lives.”
Dan will form a supergroup with Mitchel Emms (BBC’s The Voice) and Nim Miller of The Faithettes on the big stage.
Other big names at the festival include Spandau Ballet’s Tony Hadley, The Go-Go’s Belinda Carlisle, and Welsh sensation Bonnie Tyler. Younger festival goers will also recognise Rebecca Ferguson, who finished runner-up to Matt Cardle on the X Factor in 2010.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 3 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 4 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 5 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 6 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 8 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 9 Little Women 'generating a big response at Roman Theatre – and rightly so'
- 10 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
The Meraki Allstars will perform at 9.30pm.