Zane Banton commits to St Albans City for another season
- Credit: Archant
Zane Banton will stay at St Albans City after agreeing to sign a new deal.
The former Luton youngster has impressed in his time at Clarence Park and a string of good performances in the latter stages of the season have persuaded the City management to keep him at the club for another year.
Speaking on the club’s website, a delighted Ian Allinson said: “Zane is still learning the game and we need to get the consistency into his game but I’m really pleased he’s going to be with us next season.
“It’s going to be a tough division but he can pose a threat to any team and I’m sure that he’ll go from strength to strength here at St Albans City.”
The Saints have also made their first signing of the season, snapping up winger Khale Da Costa from league rivals Concord Rangers.
You may also want to watch:
He was another to come through the ranks at Kenilworth Road, as well as Fulham, before spells at Ware Town, where he made over 100 appearances in three years, Hendon and Harlow Town.
One player to leave St Albans though is defender Tom Gardiner who has joined Wealdstone.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 8 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
- 9 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden