Zane Banton commits to St Albans City for another season
- Credit: Archant
Zane Banton will stay at St Albans City after agreeing to sign a new deal.
The former Luton youngster has impressed in his time at Clarence Park and a string of good performances in the latter stages of the season have persuaded the City management to keep him at the club for another year.
Speaking on the club’s website, a delighted Ian Allinson said: “Zane is still learning the game and we need to get the consistency into his game but I’m really pleased he’s going to be with us next season.
“It’s going to be a tough division but he can pose a threat to any team and I’m sure that he’ll go from strength to strength here at St Albans City.”
The Saints have also made their first signing of the season, snapping up winger Khale Da Costa from league rivals Concord Rangers.
You may also want to watch:
He was another to come through the ranks at Kenilworth Road, as well as Fulham, before spells at Ware Town, where he made over 100 appearances in three years, Hendon and Harlow Town.
One player to leave St Albans though is defender Tom Gardiner who has joined Wealdstone.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 4 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans