Youth football: Harpenden Colts round up
THE U13 PUMAS made the perfect start to their County Challenge Cup campaign with a 6-1 win over West Herts Stags.
The goals were scored by Connor Norton (two), Joe Peppett, Joe Rabey, Lui Neill and Tom Rix. MOM was Oliver West.
The U11 Girls made an equally impressive start to their HGFPL league season, beating WGC 7-1. Mia Pinkham stole the show with five goals while Serena Sale and Zayba Barker Jones chipped in with one each. POM was Lucia Boschetti
Will Chisholm and MOM Sam Goh ensured U17 Rovers earned a point in their game against Frontier Youth U18.
The U11 Blue Ravens scored nine unanswered goals past Potters Bar United White. Jamie Cutler (four), MOM Ollie Bryan (three) Noah Boxall and Tom Bignell netted the goals.
The U10 Tigers beat Elite Feet Hawks 11-0 thanks to goals from Alex Moffat (four), Daniel Bentham (three) Oliver Murat (two), Charlie Leach and Joseph Collins.
The U10 Dragons had the same scoreline against Ware Youth. Goals from Matthew Kurr (4), Callum Butters (2), Eddie Gray (2), Ben Cowley, MOM Nihkil Mehra and Conor Selley sealed the win.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
Oliver Connolly scored twice to see U10 Jaguars past Waltham Cross. Thomas Martin won MOM.
The U10 Leopards beat Hertford Town Stags 2-1 with goals from Stanley Scott and Jamie Kelsey.
Ronnie Andrews scored and Joshua Humbles put in an MOM performance but U10 Lions narrowly lost 2-1 to Frontier Youth.