Youth football: Harpenden Colts round up
THE U13 PUMAS made the perfect start to their County Challenge Cup campaign with a 6-1 win over West Herts Stags.
The goals were scored by Connor Norton (two), Joe Peppett, Joe Rabey, Lui Neill and Tom Rix. MOM was Oliver West.
The U11 Girls made an equally impressive start to their HGFPL league season, beating WGC 7-1. Mia Pinkham stole the show with five goals while Serena Sale and Zayba Barker Jones chipped in with one each. POM was Lucia Boschetti
Will Chisholm and MOM Sam Goh ensured U17 Rovers earned a point in their game against Frontier Youth U18.
The U11 Blue Ravens scored nine unanswered goals past Potters Bar United White. Jamie Cutler (four), MOM Ollie Bryan (three) Noah Boxall and Tom Bignell netted the goals.
You may also want to watch:
The U10 Tigers beat Elite Feet Hawks 11-0 thanks to goals from Alex Moffat (four), Daniel Bentham (three) Oliver Murat (two), Charlie Leach and Joseph Collins.
The U10 Dragons had the same scoreline against Ware Youth. Goals from Matthew Kurr (4), Callum Butters (2), Eddie Gray (2), Ben Cowley, MOM Nihkil Mehra and Conor Selley sealed the win.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 8 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 9 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
Oliver Connolly scored twice to see U10 Jaguars past Waltham Cross. Thomas Martin won MOM.
The U10 Leopards beat Hertford Town Stags 2-1 with goals from Stanley Scott and Jamie Kelsey.
Ronnie Andrews scored and Joshua Humbles put in an MOM performance but U10 Lions narrowly lost 2-1 to Frontier Youth.