Youngsters joy as Redbourn crowned county champions
- Credit: Archant
Redbourn Cricket Club’s U19s are the new county champions after a thrilling five-wicket win over Harpenden.
The winning runs came in the last over as Redbourn overcame tight bowling by Harpenden’s Garrett brothers.
Having won the toss and put Harpenden into bat, Redbourn claimed three wickets with just 39 runs on the board.
They eventually bowled Harpenden out for 121, despite a brief counter attack by Will Latham and George Garrett.
Adam Pritchard took 4-20 as the top bowler.
The reply started well until Arthur Garrett claimed two wickets in the same over.
But Josh Arnold played the anchor role superbly with 35 not out and the winning runs came from Conor Yorath who hit 28 from just 17 deliveries.
- 1 Moped crashes with pedestrian on St Peter's Street
- 2 Pest controller fights back against negative reviews
- 3 St Albans woman stops British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- 4 Club night revival in St Albans
- 5 Teenager's arm broken during 'metal pole attack'
- 6 Birch tree roots battle for St Albans neighbour
- 7 Hitchin & Harpenden MP Bim Afolami resigns as Tory vice chair live on air
- 8 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 9 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 10 Man stabbed in St Albans
Redbourn also raised over £1,000 for their two chosen charities, Children’s Cancer and Leukaemia Group and Chance to Shine.