Youngsters joy as Redbourn crowned county champions
- Credit: Archant
Redbourn Cricket Club’s U19s are the new county champions after a thrilling five-wicket win over Harpenden.
The winning runs came in the last over as Redbourn overcame tight bowling by Harpenden’s Garrett brothers.
Having won the toss and put Harpenden into bat, Redbourn claimed three wickets with just 39 runs on the board.
They eventually bowled Harpenden out for 121, despite a brief counter attack by Will Latham and George Garrett.
Adam Pritchard took 4-20 as the top bowler.
The reply started well until Arthur Garrett claimed two wickets in the same over.
But Josh Arnold played the anchor role superbly with 35 not out and the winning runs came from Conor Yorath who hit 28 from just 17 deliveries.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 9 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Sex pervert jailed for six and a half years
Redbourn also raised over £1,000 for their two chosen charities, Children’s Cancer and Leukaemia Group and Chance to Shine.