Youngsters joy as Redbourn crowned county champions
- Credit: Archant
Redbourn Cricket Club’s U19s are the new county champions after a thrilling five-wicket win over Harpenden.
The winning runs came in the last over as Redbourn overcame tight bowling by Harpenden’s Garrett brothers.
Having won the toss and put Harpenden into bat, Redbourn claimed three wickets with just 39 runs on the board.
They eventually bowled Harpenden out for 121, despite a brief counter attack by Will Latham and George Garrett.
Adam Pritchard took 4-20 as the top bowler.
You may also want to watch:
The reply started well until Arthur Garrett claimed two wickets in the same over.
But Josh Arnold played the anchor role superbly with 35 not out and the winning runs came from Conor Yorath who hit 28 from just 17 deliveries.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
Redbourn also raised over £1,000 for their two chosen charities, Children’s Cancer and Leukaemia Group and Chance to Shine.