Youngsters joy as Redbourn crowned county champions
- Credit: Archant
Redbourn Cricket Club’s U19s are the new county champions after a thrilling five-wicket win over Harpenden.
The winning runs came in the last over as Redbourn overcame tight bowling by Harpenden’s Garrett brothers.
Having won the toss and put Harpenden into bat, Redbourn claimed three wickets with just 39 runs on the board.
They eventually bowled Harpenden out for 121, despite a brief counter attack by Will Latham and George Garrett.
Adam Pritchard took 4-20 as the top bowler.
You may also want to watch:
The reply started well until Arthur Garrett claimed two wickets in the same over.
But Josh Arnold played the anchor role superbly with 35 not out and the winning runs came from Conor Yorath who hit 28 from just 17 deliveries.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Redbourn also raised over £1,000 for their two chosen charities, Children’s Cancer and Leukaemia Group and Chance to Shine.