Young Cents do Herts proud against West Hull
Junior Rugby League Herts Select Under 14s 18 West Hull Under 14s 32 A HERTS Under 14s select team made up of players from St Albans and Hemel Hempstead ran a very good West Hull side a lot closer than the final score suggests. The team, made up St Albans Centurions rising stars and Hemel Stags
Junior Rugby League
Herts Select Under 14s 18 West Hull Under 14s 32
A HERTS Under 14s select team made up of players from St Albans and Hemel Hempstead ran a very good West Hull side a lot closer than the final score suggests.
The team, made up of players from both St Albans Centurions and Hemel Stags were playing in response to a request by top Hull amateur outfit West Hull for a pre Challenge Cup friendly game on Friday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
The Hull team were having a long weekend in London before going to watch the RL Challenge Cup Final between St Helens and Hull FC.
The game got off to a bad start for the Hertfordshire lads but to their credit that they came back with three tries and went in at half time leading 14-12.
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
In the second half West Hull broke through showing the benefits of a team that regularly play together and scored four unanswered tries in a strong spell.
Showing great maturity, the Herts team steadied themselves and got a try back before the full time whistle.
St Albans Centurions coach, Shane Rampling said: "Considering these boys have never played together as a team before, they did very well against a team from the Rugby League heartlands that are used to playing with each other week in week out.