Young Cents do Herts proud against West Hull
Junior Rugby League Herts Select Under 14s 18 West Hull Under 14s 32 A HERTS Under 14s select team made up of players from St Albans and Hemel Hempstead ran a very good West Hull side a lot closer than the final score suggests. The team, made up St Albans Centurions rising stars and Hemel Stags
Junior Rugby League
Herts Select Under 14s 18 West Hull Under 14s 32
A HERTS Under 14s select team made up of players from St Albans and Hemel Hempstead ran a very good West Hull side a lot closer than the final score suggests.
The team, made up of players from both St Albans Centurions and Hemel Stags were playing in response to a request by top Hull amateur outfit West Hull for a pre Challenge Cup friendly game on Friday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
The Hull team were having a long weekend in London before going to watch the RL Challenge Cup Final between St Helens and Hull FC.
The game got off to a bad start for the Hertfordshire lads but to their credit that they came back with three tries and went in at half time leading 14-12.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
In the second half West Hull broke through showing the benefits of a team that regularly play together and scored four unanswered tries in a strong spell.
Showing great maturity, the Herts team steadied themselves and got a try back before the full time whistle.
St Albans Centurions coach, Shane Rampling said: "Considering these boys have never played together as a team before, they did very well against a team from the Rugby League heartlands that are used to playing with each other week in week out.