Yate in early
Herts Intermediate Cup Second Round Bushey Rangers 1 Markyate 4 18-YEAR-OLD Adam Mead scored two as Markyate overcame Bushey Rangers to move into the third round of the Intermediate Cup. They travelled to Bushey with a depleted squad, with several first t
Herts Intermediate Cup Second Round
Bushey Rangers 1 Markyate 4
18-YEAR-OLD Adam Mead scored two as Markyate overcame Bushey Rangers to move into the third round of the Intermediate Cup. They travelled to Bushey with a depleted squad, with several first team players unable to make the early 1.30pm kick-off.
Markyate started brightly and were quickly ahead when Daniel Douglas guided the ball into the back of the net after 10 minutes. The contest was over after just 25 minutes with Mead scoring two in two minutes. The game became scrappy with neither side creating chances. The Yate were reduced to 10 men when Damen Pickering was dismissed for two bookable offences - the first was for leaving the field of play without permission and the second was shown for then re-entering it, also without permission.
You may also want to watch:
Even with 10 men, the Yate were still easily able to withstand the Bushey attack. Yate added a fourth from a corner when Daniel Douglas headed in with nine minutes to go. Bushey scored a consolation in the 90th minute but it couldn't take the gloss off a good Markyate performance.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'