Yasir Arafat smashes century
Division One St Albans 266-5 (53) Knebworth Park 159-6 (47) YASIR Arafat crashed a faultless century as St Albans dominated without securing victory against title rivals Knebworth Park at Clarence Park on Saturday. Skipper Martin Jones won the toss
St Albans 266-5 (53) Knebworth Park 159-6 (47)
YASIR Arafat crashed a faultless century as St Albans dominated without securing victory against title rivals Knebworth Park at Clarence Park on Saturday.
Skipper Martin Jones won the toss for St Albans and chose to bat on a good wicket in glorious conditions. Yasir stepped up to the challenge and blasted a faultless 134, supported well with runs from Phil Caley, Martin Jones and Andy Jones. St Albans posted an imposing 266-5 off their 53 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Knebworth scored quickly for the first five overs but when they lost their Aussie, Jarod Turner (56), after a sharp stumping by Ethan Fogarty off Surrey bowler Murtaza Hussain, the middle order showed little ambition and shut up shop for a draw, more than 120 runs short.
St Albans gained nine points on their title contenders in what is turning out to be a very close Division One title battle.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 7 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
In Division Three, St Albans II went away to Cavendish and after opting to bat first, were dismissed for a disappointing 150. In reply, Cavendish secured victory on 153-4 off 32 overs.
St Albans III won by six wickets against Hoddesdon III in Division Seven of the Saracens Herts League.
The Saints won the toss and decided to take to the field in the sizzling conditions but were not out in the scorching sun for long, as they dismissed the visitors for 104 in 31.1 overs. Guy Black took three wickets in just 3.1 overs and Sayf-Ali Khan also took three wickets. Waheed Ahmed and Andrew Walker each picked up two wickets.
In reply, the Saints reached 105-4 in just 20.2 overs to win. Andy Rudlin hit 29 and James Giffen scored 13 not out.