Wrestlers grab top spot with comfortable win over Royston Rangers Reserves
- Credit: Archant
Wrestlers’ seventh win of the season put them top of Herts Advertiser Sunday League Division Four as they comfortably defeated Royston Rangers Res 3-0.
Dan Hedges brought his goals haul to 21 with a brace and Ashley Kingston added a single while Barry Draper was their star player.
Simon Devine was outstanding for Rangers.
Goals from Rory Suttie and Sam Carrington earned Balckboy a 2-1 win over Brookmans Park A and Hatfield Seniors got the better of Hatfield Mosquito by winning 3-1.
Skew Bridge and AFC Rangers served up a treat befitting the top of the table billing in the Premier Division but in the end the neither could get the better of the other as they battled to a 2-2 draw.
You may also want to watch:
Skew opened the scoring with a great dribble and shot from James Ewington and were worthy of at least one more when a long clearance caught them out and Andy Sears-Black headed over the onrushing Jake McClean into an empty net.
Ewington put Skew back in front but was denied by two good saves in the second half by the home keeper as they looked to press home their advantage.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 10 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
Ed Frost also fired just wide but the sting in the tail was an equaliser from Jimmy Hill with almost the last kick of the game.
The other match in the division saw Queens Head Sandridge complete the double over Phoenix with a 5-3 win.
Man of the match Khalid Ismail became the first Queens player to score a hat-trick this season while their other goals came from Adam Potter and Adam Parker.
Jack Gage bagged two and Ally Hill one for Phoenix and George Hackett was man of the match.
For the second time this season BWSC scored seven goals against TNF in Division Three, winning 7-2. Five players were on target: Matt Hudson, Robert Bennett, Luke Starnes, Sam Leeson and Reece Dickinson with Hudson and Bennett the men with two. Ross Southgate and Steven Orchard scored for TNF.
In the Herts Junior Cup fourth round Louis Frederick scored twice as AFC Mymms won 3-1 against Oaks, with Sedin Mustafic also on target, but Wheathampstead ‘89 could only muster up a James Watt goal when going down 2-1 against CHL.
Sam Dove and Jack Dowling got the CHL goals.