Wren puts Ladies through
St Albans City Ladies 1 Bedford Town 0
ST ALBANS City Ladies overcame Bedford Town 1-0 courtesy of Kylie Wren’s first half striker.
There was early controversy as Kate Clarke was denied a penalty after being tumbled in the box by the goalkeeper. The referee awarded a goalkick but later revealed he should have awarded the penalty kick.
You may also want to watch:
Geordie Brown then headed over from a Steph Belcher cross before Wren opened the scoring. City were awarded a free kick on the edge of the box and Wren stepped up to drive the ball into the roof of the net.
It should have been 2-0 when Belcher again picked out Brown but she sliced her effort wide.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Kelly Hancock began causing Bedford problems but when she picked out Clarke the striker could only fire wide.
In the end City had to settle for a single goal victory and they will travel to Arlesey Town Reserves in the next round.
Squad: Hilton, Johnston, Kiff, Warren, Hutton, Hancock, Stanbridge, Brown, Wren, Belcher, Clarke, Kropman, Tape, Connolly, Fletcher, Harbron.