Wren puts Ladies through
St Albans City Ladies 1 Bedford Town 0
ST ALBANS City Ladies overcame Bedford Town 1-0 courtesy of Kylie Wren’s first half striker.
There was early controversy as Kate Clarke was denied a penalty after being tumbled in the box by the goalkeeper. The referee awarded a goalkick but later revealed he should have awarded the penalty kick.
You may also want to watch:
Geordie Brown then headed over from a Steph Belcher cross before Wren opened the scoring. City were awarded a free kick on the edge of the box and Wren stepped up to drive the ball into the roof of the net.
It should have been 2-0 when Belcher again picked out Brown but she sliced her effort wide.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Shortages crisis hits district
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Kelly Hancock began causing Bedford problems but when she picked out Clarke the striker could only fire wide.
In the end City had to settle for a single goal victory and they will travel to Arlesey Town Reserves in the next round.
Squad: Hilton, Johnston, Kiff, Warren, Hutton, Hancock, Stanbridge, Brown, Wren, Belcher, Clarke, Kropman, Tape, Connolly, Fletcher, Harbron.