Worthing heading to St Albans City and Clarence Park after FA Cup draw
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City’s reward for defeating Dereham Town in the FA Cup is a home tie against Worthing.
City beat The Magpies 2-1 on Saturday in the second qualifying round at Aldiss Park thanks to goals form Louie Theophanous and Dipo Akinyemi.
And the south coast, Ryman League Premier Division side will be the next opponents at Clarence Park on Saturday, October 1.
Worthing were also away on Saturday, defeating Hayes & Yeading United 2-0.
They currently lie 10th in the division having won three of their opening seven league games.
This will be the first meeting of the sides in the FA Cup.
The winners of the tie will receive £7,500 from the FA prize fund and be just one game from the first round proper.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 6 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 7 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire