Worthing heading to St Albans City and Clarence Park after FA Cup draw
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City’s reward for defeating Dereham Town in the FA Cup is a home tie against Worthing.
City beat The Magpies 2-1 on Saturday in the second qualifying round at Aldiss Park thanks to goals form Louie Theophanous and Dipo Akinyemi.
And the south coast, Ryman League Premier Division side will be the next opponents at Clarence Park on Saturday, October 1.
Worthing were also away on Saturday, defeating Hayes & Yeading United 2-0.
They currently lie 10th in the division having won three of their opening seven league games.
You may also want to watch:
This will be the first meeting of the sides in the FA Cup.
The winners of the tie will receive £7,500 from the FA prize fund and be just one game from the first round proper.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 10 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart