Worthing heading to St Albans City and Clarence Park after FA Cup draw
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City’s reward for defeating Dereham Town in the FA Cup is a home tie against Worthing.
City beat The Magpies 2-1 on Saturday in the second qualifying round at Aldiss Park thanks to goals form Louie Theophanous and Dipo Akinyemi.
And the south coast, Ryman League Premier Division side will be the next opponents at Clarence Park on Saturday, October 1.
Worthing were also away on Saturday, defeating Hayes & Yeading United 2-0.
They currently lie 10th in the division having won three of their opening seven league games.
You may also want to watch:
This will be the first meeting of the sides in the FA Cup.
The winners of the tie will receive £7,500 from the FA prize fund and be just one game from the first round proper.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 7 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land