Worcester award tops great year for Jack Singleton
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Harpenden’s Jack Singleton has capped a memorable season for himself by claiming Worcester Warriors’ young player of the year award.
It has been a whirlwind season for the 20-year-old who used to attend St George’s School.
It started in June with a winner’s medal in the U20 Rugby World Championship along with his England team-mates.
He then made his club debut in Russia in October when the Warriors tackled Enisei-STM in the European Challenge Cup.
And he followed that up with his Aviva Premiership debut against Northampton Saints a month later.
You may also want to watch:
Since then he has made a total of 19 appearances and impressed the coaching staff enough to be given a new deal for next year.
Sam Lewis and former Ireland international Donncha O’Callaghan both scooped two awards at the end of season awards event, held at Sixways Stadium.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 9 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure