Worcester and Weymouth ditch managers
WORCESTER City have parted company with manager Richard Dryden by mutual consent. Dryden, who played in the Premier League with Southampton, had been in charge at St George s Lane since November 2007 leading them to a 16th placed finish in Blue Square Sou
WORCESTER City have parted company with manager Richard Dryden by mutual consent.
Dryden, who played in the Premier League with Southampton, had been in charge at St George's Lane since November 2007 leading them to a 16th placed finish in Blue Square South last season.
City have struggled this season and find themselves in 19th place with only four league wins to their name.
Carl Heeley has been appointed caretaker manager until the end of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Weymouth have also parted company with their management team, with Ian Hutchinson and Andy Mason both shown the door by new chairman George Rolls, less than two weeks after he'd offered them new contracts.
Weymouth remain rooted to the bottom of the Blue Square South table.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
It's been a busy few days for Blue Square South clubs in the transfer market.
Dover boss Andy Hessenthaler has taken former Barnet goalkeeper Ross Flitney to Crabble from Croydon Athletic.
Bromley have snapped up Steve Ferguson from Tonbridge Angels while Bishop's Stortford have added David Chick and Daryl Sydes to their ranks.
Maidenhead have snapped up Bulgarian midfielder Ivaylo Dimitrov and Hampton & Richmond have released Francis Quarm, Marcello Fernandes and Michael Lee Charles.