Wonder show at Aldwickbury Park
ALDWICKBURY Park Golf Club played host to more than 80 children in the HSBC Wee Wonders East region final. The stars of the future were aiming for a place in the prestigious final at the famous St Andrews course in Scotland.
ALDWICKBURY Park Golf Club played host to more than 80 children in the HSBC Wee Wonders East region final.
The stars of the future were aiming for a place in the prestigious final at the famous St Andrews course in Scotland.
Children aged between five and 12 took to the Harpenden club's par-3 course to play the competition where they are given 36 shots to see how far around the course they can get. Once they have taken their allotted shots, they place a flag into the ground.
Tristan Hall, general manager of Aldwickbury Park Golf Club, said: "It was great to have so many kids here enjoying the day and playing host to such a prestigious competition as the HSBC Wee Wonders. There were some really outstanding young players involved and it showcased the standard of our par-3 course."
Local youngsters, Jake Craddock, aged seven, and Georgia Oboh, also aged seven, were two of the 10 juniors to win through to the grand final. Jake, from St Albans, and Georgia are members of Redbourn Golf Club. Callum Walker, aged nine, from St Albans, qualified for the final for the second successive year.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area