Winter Grand Prix success for Harpenden’s Philip Miller
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden’s Philip Miller delivered the goods in style at the Winter Grand Prix held at Bury Farm Equestrian Centre.
The Hertfordshire man piloted Diana Cornish's 12-year-old grey gelding Darona into the top spot at the Slapton-based competition in Buckinghamshire.
The grand prix was part of the four-day Winter Classic Show.
The 1.40m 13-fence track set by course designer David Cole proved to be a tough challenge for the initial starting field with just two combinations negotiating their way around the course and keeping all fences intact.
The first of the two jump-off contestants was Rebecca Ravilious on Marina Z who were looking good until the final set of planks, finishing in 58.11 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Miller followed with Darona and clipped the first part of the double but the experienced rider kept his lines tight to finish in 53.98 seconds and clinch the win.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden