Winter Grand Prix success for Harpenden’s Philip Miller
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden’s Philip Miller delivered the goods in style at the Winter Grand Prix held at Bury Farm Equestrian Centre.
The Hertfordshire man piloted Diana Cornish's 12-year-old grey gelding Darona into the top spot at the Slapton-based competition in Buckinghamshire.
The grand prix was part of the four-day Winter Classic Show.
The 1.40m 13-fence track set by course designer David Cole proved to be a tough challenge for the initial starting field with just two combinations negotiating their way around the course and keeping all fences intact.
The first of the two jump-off contestants was Rebecca Ravilious on Marina Z who were looking good until the final set of planks, finishing in 58.11 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Miller followed with Darona and clipped the first part of the double but the experienced rider kept his lines tight to finish in 53.98 seconds and clinch the win.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 9 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 10 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City