Winston stars in big win
Makeshift striker hits four in big win
HSCL Division One
St Peter’s 6 Knebworth 1
FOUR goals from Winston Taylor helped St Peter’s record their biggest win of the season with a 6-1 defeat of promotion rivals Knebworth last Thursday.
Taylor vindicated manager Dave Whitehead’s decision to move him from midfield to the attack giving the Saints a 1-0 lead at the break.
After the interval St Peter’s stepped up a gear with another goal from Taylor and one for Jack Coombs.
Debutant ‘keeper Jamie Jackson denied the visitors on several occasions but was eventually beaten but further goals from Taylor (two) and John Rathbone completed a convincing victory.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 5 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 9 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
St Peter’s: Jackson; Wiltshire, Costain (Hood-Wright), Carman, Jones (Rathbone); Davies, Beswick, Coombs, P Taylor; W Taylor, Cunningham. Subs not used: Savory, Gauthier, Blackman.
* Saints’ scheduled visit to Mill End Sports on Saturday was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.