Winston stars in big win
Makeshift striker hits four in big win
HSCL Division One
St Peter’s 6 Knebworth 1
FOUR goals from Winston Taylor helped St Peter’s record their biggest win of the season with a 6-1 defeat of promotion rivals Knebworth last Thursday.
Taylor vindicated manager Dave Whitehead’s decision to move him from midfield to the attack giving the Saints a 1-0 lead at the break.
You may also want to watch:
After the interval St Peter’s stepped up a gear with another goal from Taylor and one for Jack Coombs.
Debutant ‘keeper Jamie Jackson denied the visitors on several occasions but was eventually beaten but further goals from Taylor (two) and John Rathbone completed a convincing victory.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
St Peter’s: Jackson; Wiltshire, Costain (Hood-Wright), Carman, Jones (Rathbone); Davies, Beswick, Coombs, P Taylor; W Taylor, Cunningham. Subs not used: Savory, Gauthier, Blackman.
* Saints’ scheduled visit to Mill End Sports on Saturday was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.