Winston stars in big win
Makeshift striker hits four in big win
HSCL Division One
St Peter’s 6 Knebworth 1
FOUR goals from Winston Taylor helped St Peter’s record their biggest win of the season with a 6-1 defeat of promotion rivals Knebworth last Thursday.
Taylor vindicated manager Dave Whitehead’s decision to move him from midfield to the attack giving the Saints a 1-0 lead at the break.
After the interval St Peter’s stepped up a gear with another goal from Taylor and one for Jack Coombs.
Debutant ‘keeper Jamie Jackson denied the visitors on several occasions but was eventually beaten but further goals from Taylor (two) and John Rathbone completed a convincing victory.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 8 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 9 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 10 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
St Peter’s: Jackson; Wiltshire, Costain (Hood-Wright), Carman, Jones (Rathbone); Davies, Beswick, Coombs, P Taylor; W Taylor, Cunningham. Subs not used: Savory, Gauthier, Blackman.
* Saints’ scheduled visit to Mill End Sports on Saturday was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.