‘Wins are coming’ vows boss as Oaklands Wolves bow out of WBBL Cup
- Credit: Archant
A defiant Lee Ryan has promised the wins are coming as Oaklands Wolves fell to a 83-65 loss in the WBBL Cup at Leicester Riders.
It has been a tough season for the new-look Women’s British Basketball League side that are still searching for their first league win.
But head coach Ryan is sure the elusive success is on its way for his injury-hit squad who were without five regulars in the east Midlands.
He said: “We have been up against it so far this season and the only way to get out is to fight and the players certainly did that.
“I know wins are coming for this group as we have quality and a determination to change our fortunes.
“We have made some adjustments and with the imminent return to action for some crucial players we will start to see what the group are capable of.”
Wolves face high-flying Manchester Mystics on Saturday at Oaklands College SportsZone.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival