‘Wins are coming’ vows boss as Oaklands Wolves bow out of WBBL Cup
- Credit: Archant
A defiant Lee Ryan has promised the wins are coming as Oaklands Wolves fell to a 83-65 loss in the WBBL Cup at Leicester Riders.
It has been a tough season for the new-look Women’s British Basketball League side that are still searching for their first league win.
But head coach Ryan is sure the elusive success is on its way for his injury-hit squad who were without five regulars in the east Midlands.
He said: “We have been up against it so far this season and the only way to get out is to fight and the players certainly did that.
“I know wins are coming for this group as we have quality and a determination to change our fortunes.
You may also want to watch:
“We have made some adjustments and with the imminent return to action for some crucial players we will start to see what the group are capable of.”
Wolves face high-flying Manchester Mystics on Saturday at Oaklands College SportsZone.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor