Winning start for St Albans City with Concord Rangers success
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City got their Vanarama National League South campaign for 2016/2017 off to the perfect start with a 2-0 win over Concord Rangers.
It took City eight games last season to record their first victory but they needed just 90 minutes this time around.
Dipo Akinyemi set them on their way in the 33rd minute with a goal on his home debut and the win was sealed by Junior Morias in the final moments.
They didn’t have it all their own way, however, and it could have been so much different had an offside flag not prevented a Concord equaliser late on.
The win, for those who like this sort of thing, puts Saints into fifth position in the fledgling table, inside the play-off positions.
You may also want to watch:
They will look to capitalise on the good start when they head to Wealdstone tomorrow (Monday).
Meanwhile catch up with all the action from a sun-drenched Clarence Park thanks to photographers Leigh Page and Bob Walkley.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district