Winger wants Welling win
WING wizard Danny Green is looking for St Albans City to take their recent good form in to their game with Welling United tonight (Tuesday). Green played a starring role in City s 2-1 win over Eastleigh at the weekend after scoring the second goal in the
WING wizard Danny Green is looking for St Albans City to take their recent good form in to their game with Welling United tonight (Tuesday).
Green played a starring role in City's 2-1 win over Eastleigh at the weekend after scoring the second goal in the side's 2-0 win over Worcester City last week and the former Harlow man's early performances suggest he could become a key component in this new-look City side.
Green played on the left of City's three man attack on Saturday and had the visiting defence worried with his pace and tricks and the 19-year-old is looking for a repeat at Park View Road tonight.
Speaking after the win against Eastleigh, Green told the Herts Advertiser: "This is the standard we've set today and they'll be up there this season so we've got to take it in to Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
"I love getting at players and I love running at players and I got the opportunity to do that. If I can keep doing that and positively then it's good for the team."
The winger felt City were fully deserving of the three points on Saturday and was pleased to get one over a side tipped to be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
"It was good, I thought we deserved it (with that) performance. They're a good setup so it was a very good result."
Green opened his City account with a spectacular strike last week and says it was reminiscent of a strike many Saints fans will remember from last year.
"It wasn't too bad. It was a bit similar to the one that knocked them out of the cup last season!" he joked.
"I came down here last season and played against them and saw it was a good setup and was keen to come down this season.