Win number two for St Albans City at Ware as pre-season continues
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City’s second pre-season fixture brought a second win, 3-2 at Ware – but it wasn’t as straight forward as it had looked.
They led 2-0 at half-time thanks to goals from James Kaloczi and David Diedhiou but as is the norm for pre-season, manager Ian Allinson switched his entire team at the break.
That allowed the home side to come back and level and only a late Sam Merson strike brought the victory.
The good news for City was the return of David Noble who played his first game since being injured against Billericay Town in December.
Scott Shulton and Tom Bender also continued their recovery from injury while new signings Joe Howe, Taylor Miles, Joe Iaciofano, Solomon Nwaboukei and Darren Foxley, as well as Rhys Murrell-Williamson all started.
You may also want to watch:
Saints next outing is the first at Clarence Park and the first that Allinson has targeted as a yardstick for their process.
Stevenage are the visitors on Saturday for a 3pm kick-off.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district