Win number two for St Albans City at Ware as pre-season continues
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City’s second pre-season fixture brought a second win, 3-2 at Ware – but it wasn’t as straight forward as it had looked.
They led 2-0 at half-time thanks to goals from James Kaloczi and David Diedhiou but as is the norm for pre-season, manager Ian Allinson switched his entire team at the break.
That allowed the home side to come back and level and only a late Sam Merson strike brought the victory.
The good news for City was the return of David Noble who played his first game since being injured against Billericay Town in December.
Scott Shulton and Tom Bender also continued their recovery from injury while new signings Joe Howe, Taylor Miles, Joe Iaciofano, Solomon Nwaboukei and Darren Foxley, as well as Rhys Murrell-Williamson all started.
Saints next outing is the first at Clarence Park and the first that Allinson has targeted as a yardstick for their process.
Stevenage are the visitors on Saturday for a 3pm kick-off.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 5 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 9 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire