Win number two for St Albans City at Ware as pre-season continues
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City’s second pre-season fixture brought a second win, 3-2 at Ware – but it wasn’t as straight forward as it had looked.
They led 2-0 at half-time thanks to goals from James Kaloczi and David Diedhiou but as is the norm for pre-season, manager Ian Allinson switched his entire team at the break.
That allowed the home side to come back and level and only a late Sam Merson strike brought the victory.
The good news for City was the return of David Noble who played his first game since being injured against Billericay Town in December.
Scott Shulton and Tom Bender also continued their recovery from injury while new signings Joe Howe, Taylor Miles, Joe Iaciofano, Solomon Nwaboukei and Darren Foxley, as well as Rhys Murrell-Williamson all started.
You may also want to watch:
Saints next outing is the first at Clarence Park and the first that Allinson has targeted as a yardstick for their process.
Stevenage are the visitors on Saturday for a 3pm kick-off.
- 1 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25