Win is sweet for Chariots
VERULAMIAN Chariots Under 15s entertained Tring Under 15s on Sunday in glorious sunshine at Cotlandswick. Vees responded well to conceding a try when fly half Charlie Rainsford chose to forego his strong kicking game in favour of a running one and this pa
VERULAMIAN Chariots Under 15s entertained Tring Under 15s on Sunday in glorious sunshine at Cotlandswick.
Vees responded well to conceding a try when fly half Charlie Rainsford chose to forego his strong kicking game in favour of a running one and this paid dividends as he broke clear and scored. Charlie also added the conversion for a 7-5 lead.
Tring struck twice before half time but Vees responded in a determined manner after the break. Captain Daniel Monaghan lead the way, with Callum Ward, Adam Welch-McDonald, Dominic O'Malley, Liam Nolan, Dreevesh Gooheram and Ri Dolley all making good ground and it was not long before Charlie broke through, running half the length of the pitch to score in the corner. His kick hit the posts and bounced back leaving the Vees trailing 12-15.
Vees grabbed the lead when Pete Naughton was able to pick up the ball and dive through a gap for a 17-15 lead.
You may also want to watch:
Tring fought back, but Ollie Cusack, playing at scrum half, controlled the game well and Tom Keohane at full back was safe under the high balls and countered well. The new centre partnership of Callum Madge and Jake Cooke combined well with a drift defence to keep the visitors out and the wings Will Naylor and Matthew Kemball-Cook had the speed to catch the opponents when in possession. Vees were therefore able to hold on to this lead and the game was put beyond Tring's reach when Callum Ward was able to off-load well in the tackle to Pete Naughton who was able to run from halfway to score under the posts. The converted try made it 24-15 and Vees celebrated victory.
Vees: Dollie, Monaghan, O'Malley, Naughton, Nolan, Gooheram, Welch-MacDonald, Ward, Cusack, Rainsford, Naylor, Madge, Cook, Kemball-Cook, Keohane.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park