Who’s the Draddy? Striker shines for The Ridge

Read the round-up of all Sunday’s Herts Advertiser League action

Herts Sunday Junior Cup

The Ridge took full control against Roundbush, winning 6-0 with Man of the Match Chris Draddy in blistering form on his return from injury.

The star striker scored four goals along with strikes from Mark Savory and Robbie Pullman.

Max Archer picked up the star billing for George Redbourn who lost 7-1 to Queens Park Rangers. Liam Picton scored for the George.

Cottonmill fell to a 6-0 defeat against Herts Utd. Pat Nyamangunda picked up their best player award.

In an 11-goal thriller, Phoenix A overcame Herts Fencing 7-5. Sam Bozier and Michael Brindley hit two goals apiece and singles came from Dan Bozier, Gene Gage and Jack Irish.

Most Read

AFC Mymms created a lot of chances against Big GC but it wasn’t their day, going down 4-2. Dan Boucher, Andy Crump scored for Mymms.

Marquis of Granby had a firm grip of the game taking a two-goal lead through Gary Karmock and Ross Dempsey, only to let it slip away, a goalkeeping error first and with momentum Imperial levelled. Marquis composed themselves and Man of the Match Tom Coates scored a penalty to win 3-2 in extra time.

Blacksmiths Arms chalked up a 10-1 win against Raiders Utd. Rhys Jacob led the way with four goals, Aidan Golds added a hat-trick, Dean Skipsey a brace and Juhel Ali with a single. Jason Blythe was Arms’ outstanding player.

Camp KBK ran out 2-0 winners against WD Athletic thanks to two goals from Sean Brady in the second half.

Vision proved too strong for White Horse Res, winning 7-0 with goals by Junior Almelda (four), Felipe Gondek (two) and Daniel Jones.

White Horse and almond Tree La Coruna were deadlocked at 1-1. Dave Beattie scored for white Horse. In the penalty shoot-out White Horse ran out 5-3 winners.

Steve Conroy scored both Oaks Res goals in their 2-1 away win against Park Rangers RSV.

Herts Advertiser KO Cup

Church End beat London Road 1-0 with a well organised performance against a depleted London Road side that included three sets of father and Sons playing. Church’s goal came 10 minutes from time when Nick Hanly volleyed in from the edge of the area following a Tom Blackman flick on.

Harpenden Colts Old Boys’ season finally kicked off with a 2-1 win over Division Two side Herts Mauritians with Jimmy Warner and Will Bates securing the win.

Queens Head eventually overcame Colney Heath Rangers 2-1 after falling behind early on. Lee Rickard levelled with a header before Dan Megias won it with an 89th-minute strike.

Two early goals helped settle the Skew Bridge Res and they were comfortable there onwards in their 3-0 win over Phoenix Res. James Elliott scored another two goals and Steve Allen scored his first goal for the club. Tom Smith was Skew Bridge’s Man of the Match with a dominating display at centre half.

Herts Advertiser Challenge Cup

In a hard-fought cup tie Harpenden Arms Athletic came out on top 3-2 against Oaks. Harpenden opened the score with a Gary Findlay strike but Oaks scored twice through Rob Gilham and Harry Hunt to go 2-1 up by half-time. But an Andy Findlay goal and a second for Gary Findlay sealed victory for the Arms.

Brookmans Park took a deserved 3-0 lead against Premier Div champions NBOB with goals from Nick Gaskell, Daren Cousins and Adam Davies. A harsh penalty decision just before half time got Breakspear back into it and then three goals in the first 10 minutes of the second half put Breakspear in front. Breakspear’s goals came from David Parkinson (2), Ashley Aimakitu and their Man of the Match Danny Fitzgerald.

Two goals apiece by Liam Addlesee and Marc Addlesee plus a Dan Burrows single saw Phoenix move into the next round following their 6-2 win against Bradmore Rovers.

Herts Advertiser Intermediate Cup

Beaver Travel went out of the Intermediate Cup at the first hurdle when they went down 5-0 to Precision. Chris Dundon scored a hat-trick along with strikes from Jack Massey and Chris Wickens.

Herts Advertiser Junior cup

Dukes won 5-1 against Brookmans Park A. Dukes opened the scoring in the first half through Nathan Connolly only to be levelled when Dukes were caught flat footed just before half time and James Purcell scored.

Dukes were more positive in the second half and added four further goals through Jack Johnson, Prev Selvarajah, Antony Brown and a second for Nathan Connolly. Liam Heffer was outstanding at the heart of Dukes defence.

Premier Division

Skew Bridge started brightly against Vision with Mark Hitchcock his normal energetic self. After going 1-0 down Skew picked themselves up and equalised through Ed Frost. Ben Warren missed a penalty before Hitchcock scored the winner. Ollie Dawson was the Skew Bridge Man of the Match

Division Two

Goals from Man of the Match Adam Halford, John Bonner-May and Stuart Trigwell secured a deserved three points for Wheathampstead Icarus in a hard-fought encounter against PSV which finished 3-1. Owen Jones scored for PSV.

Victoria recorded their second win of the season with a 3-1 score against Insurance Store. Goals came from Michael Cattermole, Ben Conrad and Mark Gallagher. Tom Mattin was their Man of the Match.

Division Three

A strong start from St Albans IFC, with an early goal from Jason Nicolaou. The lead was doubled through a neat finish from Mario Concialdi. Early in the second Spencer Clarke-Mardel curled in a fine shot from the edge of the area. IFC deservedly won, with a late Radlett consolation. Harry Honeywood picked up the IFC Man of the Match award.

Division Four

St Albans Royals started the game well and dominated the game and scored twice to take a 2-0 lead into the second half. Royals carried on the pressure to get another two goals before Harpenden Colts OB Res struck back through Andrew Shirra.

Royals weren’t finished and scored two more before the game ended with goals from Danny Blyth, Rob Marven, Matt Brand and a hat-trick from Man of the Match Scott Lye.

Division Five

St Albans IFC Res dominated possession in a close 2-1 win over Wheathampstead Res.

Wheathampstead took the lead against the run of play through Sam Davison. A good team move down the right saw John Thompson equalise before Kieran Moss scored the winner. Anthony Roche was outstanding at the back for IFC.

Bricket wood started brightly but then gave away to much possession against Herts Ath, despite holding their own in a goalless first half. Athletic scored two quick goals in first 10 minutes of second half then two further goals before Tom Boylan scored a late consolation despite late pressure from the Wood couldn’t close the 4-1 scoreline.

Greenwood Park fell to their first defeat of the season, going down 3-2 against Bradmore Rovers Res despite goals from Matt Hedges and Matt Thorn. Connor Smith was Park’s Man of the Match.