Who are they? Queens Park Rangers
A look ahead to City’s first pre-season game of the summer
Opponents: Queens Park Rangers
Date: Monday, July 18
Venue: Clarence Park
QUEENS Park Rangers will provide the opposition in David Howell’s first game in charge of St Albans City.
You may also want to watch:
The Premier League new boys have been busy adding to their squad in the build up to the new season with England internationals Jay Bothroyd and Kieron Dyer both joining the Loftus Road side for their first season in England’s top flight in 15 years.
Last season Neil Warnock’s side romped to the npower Championship title gaining promotion to the Premier League, despite having the possibility of a points deduction, linked to the transfer of Alejandro Faurlin, hanging over the club for much of the run-in.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
One face familiar to City boss David Howell in the Londoners’ squad is striker Troy Hewitt, who Howell had with him at Harrow Borough last term.
The front man’s goalscoring exploits with Borough, that helped the Ryman League side into the FA Cup First Round, earned the 21-year-old a dream move into the professional ranks of the game.
Rangers are due to start their pre-season campaign tomorrow (Friday) night when they travel to Howell’s former employers, Harrow Borough.
Warnock’s side then have fixtures lined up against Tavistock, Plymouth Argyle, Bodmin Town, Cesena, Braga, Atalanta and Crawley Town.