Who are they? Queens Park Rangers
A look ahead to City’s first pre-season game of the summer
Opponents: Queens Park Rangers
Date: Monday, July 18
Venue: Clarence Park
QUEENS Park Rangers will provide the opposition in David Howell’s first game in charge of St Albans City.
You may also want to watch:
The Premier League new boys have been busy adding to their squad in the build up to the new season with England internationals Jay Bothroyd and Kieron Dyer both joining the Loftus Road side for their first season in England’s top flight in 15 years.
Last season Neil Warnock’s side romped to the npower Championship title gaining promotion to the Premier League, despite having the possibility of a points deduction, linked to the transfer of Alejandro Faurlin, hanging over the club for much of the run-in.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
One face familiar to City boss David Howell in the Londoners’ squad is striker Troy Hewitt, who Howell had with him at Harrow Borough last term.
The front man’s goalscoring exploits with Borough, that helped the Ryman League side into the FA Cup First Round, earned the 21-year-old a dream move into the professional ranks of the game.
Rangers are due to start their pre-season campaign tomorrow (Friday) night when they travel to Howell’s former employers, Harrow Borough.
Warnock’s side then have fixtures lined up against Tavistock, Plymouth Argyle, Bodmin Town, Cesena, Braga, Atalanta and Crawley Town.