White and Mabuza on top form as St Albans clean up against Holtwhites
- Credit: Archant
A 143-run partnership between Simon White and Mbekezeli Mabuza helped St Albans to a comprehensive victory over Holtwhites Trinibis in SHCL Division Two A.
Surprisingly asked to bat by the hosts, Saints started steadily before Adam Hounslow chipped one to square leg in the sixth over.
Mabuza was badly dropped at mid off when on six and with assorted byes & leg byes helping the score, the 50 partnership arrived in 99 balls.
Mabuza was first out for 71 with White following on 82 but it helped Saints to 233-6.
The Holtwhites chase was as good as over inside the first 15 overs with both Michael Grossett and Jacob Winfield picking up two wickets each.
Uttam Vijender though had the best figures with 4-19 as Holtwhites finished all out for 98.
Matt Howeson, deputising as keeper, got four catches.
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 3 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 4 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 5 Victorian street theatre coming to St Albans city centre this Christmas with classic Dickensian tale
- 6 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 9 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
Hitchin visit Clarence Park on Saturday.