White and Mabuza on top form as St Albans clean up against Holtwhites
- Credit: Archant
A 143-run partnership between Simon White and Mbekezeli Mabuza helped St Albans to a comprehensive victory over Holtwhites Trinibis in SHCL Division Two A.
Surprisingly asked to bat by the hosts, Saints started steadily before Adam Hounslow chipped one to square leg in the sixth over.
Mabuza was badly dropped at mid off when on six and with assorted byes & leg byes helping the score, the 50 partnership arrived in 99 balls.
Mabuza was first out for 71 with White following on 82 but it helped Saints to 233-6.
The Holtwhites chase was as good as over inside the first 15 overs with both Michael Grossett and Jacob Winfield picking up two wickets each.
You may also want to watch:
Uttam Vijender though had the best figures with 4-19 as Holtwhites finished all out for 98.
Matt Howeson, deputising as keeper, got four catches.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Hitchin visit Clarence Park on Saturday.