White and Mabuza on top form as St Albans clean up against Holtwhites
- Credit: Archant
A 143-run partnership between Simon White and Mbekezeli Mabuza helped St Albans to a comprehensive victory over Holtwhites Trinibis in SHCL Division Two A.
Surprisingly asked to bat by the hosts, Saints started steadily before Adam Hounslow chipped one to square leg in the sixth over.
Mabuza was badly dropped at mid off when on six and with assorted byes & leg byes helping the score, the 50 partnership arrived in 99 balls.
Mabuza was first out for 71 with White following on 82 but it helped Saints to 233-6.
The Holtwhites chase was as good as over inside the first 15 overs with both Michael Grossett and Jacob Winfield picking up two wickets each.
Uttam Vijender though had the best figures with 4-19 as Holtwhites finished all out for 98.
Matt Howeson, deputising as keeper, got four catches.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 5 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 6 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 7 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 10 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
Hitchin visit Clarence Park on Saturday.