Where and when in Hertfordshire to watch stage seven of the OVO Tour of Britain
- Credit: Simon Wilkinson/SWpix.com
Spectators wanting to get up close and personal with riders from the OVO Tour of Britain will need to be up bright and early.
Stage seven starts in Hemel Hempstead tomorrow (Saturday) before heading west to the finish in Cheltenham.
Waterhouse Street is where the start line is although sign-on and team buses will be located around the Marlowes area.
When the cycling actually gets underway, it is neutralized until its official start, kilometre zero.
The neutral section takes the riders along Waterhouse Street, Leighton Buzzard Road, St. Albans Road, Maylands Avenue, Swallowdale Lane, Queensway, High Street, Piccotts End Road and back to Leighton Buzzard Road.
The flag will drop and the racing begins for real on Nettleden Road.
From there it will head out along roads well-known to club cyclists.
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 3 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 4 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 5 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans
- 6 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 10 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
It akes in Nettleden, Little Gaddesden, Ringshall before dropping down Toms Hill into Aldbury.
It then heads to Tring before leaving the county via Long Marston and Wingrave.
Should anyone fee like travelling further afield, the nearest king of the mountain climb comes after 60km at Brill Hill, Oxfordshire.
9am - teams start to arrive
9.30am - sign-on for the riders officially opens
10.20am - sign on closes and the race leaders are presented
10.25am - riders assemble on the start line
10.30am - start of stage seven
10.45am - start proper
10.47am - Nettleden
10.50am - Little Gaddesden
10.55am - Ringshall
11.01am - Aldbury
11.10am - Tring