Where and when in Hertfordshire to watch stage seven of the OVO Tour of Britain
- Credit: Simon Wilkinson/SWpix.com
Spectators wanting to get up close and personal with riders from the OVO Tour of Britain will need to be up bright and early.
Stage seven starts in Hemel Hempstead tomorrow (Saturday) before heading west to the finish in Cheltenham.
Waterhouse Street is where the start line is although sign-on and team buses will be located around the Marlowes area.
When the cycling actually gets underway, it is neutralized until its official start, kilometre zero.
The neutral section takes the riders along Waterhouse Street, Leighton Buzzard Road, St. Albans Road, Maylands Avenue, Swallowdale Lane, Queensway, High Street, Piccotts End Road and back to Leighton Buzzard Road.
You may also want to watch:
The flag will drop and the racing begins for real on Nettleden Road.
From there it will head out along roads well-known to club cyclists.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 10 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
It akes in Nettleden, Little Gaddesden, Ringshall before dropping down Toms Hill into Aldbury.
It then heads to Tring before leaving the county via Long Marston and Wingrave.
Should anyone fee like travelling further afield, the nearest king of the mountain climb comes after 60km at Brill Hill, Oxfordshire.
9am - teams start to arrive
9.30am - sign-on for the riders officially opens
10.20am - sign on closes and the race leaders are presented
10.25am - riders assemble on the start line
10.30am - start of stage seven
10.45am - start proper
10.47am - Nettleden
10.50am - Little Gaddesden
10.55am - Ringshall
11.01am - Aldbury
11.10am - Tring