Wheato’s unbeaten run ended
West Herts league Portland Arms 3 Wheathampstead Wanderers 2 Wheathampstead s long unbeaten run came to an end against what is fast becoming their bogey team Portland Arms, losing 3-2 at Toulmin Drive. With several players under-performing Wanderers wer
West Herts league
Portland Arms 3
Wheathampstead Wanderers 2
Wheathampstead's long unbeaten run came to an end against what is fast becoming their bogey team Portland Arms, losing 3-2 at Toulmin Drive.
You may also want to watch:
With several players under-performing Wanderers were 2-0 down at half time but sharp finishing from Lee Cordell and David Bailey dragged their side back into the game after the break.
Wheato failed to build on the comeback though and poor concentration let in Arms to score the winner late on.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Rich Disbrey was one of the few standouts in a forgettable team performance.
This week Wanderers travel to basement side Oxhey looking to get back to winning ways.