Wheato’s unbeaten run ended
West Herts league Portland Arms 3 Wheathampstead Wanderers 2 Wheathampstead s long unbeaten run came to an end against what is fast becoming their bogey team Portland Arms, losing 3-2 at Toulmin Drive. With several players under-performing Wanderers wer
West Herts league
Portland Arms 3
Wheathampstead Wanderers 2
Wheathampstead's long unbeaten run came to an end against what is fast becoming their bogey team Portland Arms, losing 3-2 at Toulmin Drive.
With several players under-performing Wanderers were 2-0 down at half time but sharp finishing from Lee Cordell and David Bailey dragged their side back into the game after the break.
Wheato failed to build on the comeback though and poor concentration let in Arms to score the winner late on.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 4 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 5 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 6 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 9 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
Rich Disbrey was one of the few standouts in a forgettable team performance.
This week Wanderers travel to basement side Oxhey looking to get back to winning ways.