Wheato in seventh heaven
Wheato follow up 7-0 win over Glenn Sports with 5-1 defeat of Maple Cross
West Herts League
Wheathampstead 7 Glenn Sports 0
NEWLY promoted Wheathampstead started their campaign in Division 1 of the West Herts League with a 7-0 demolition of Glenn Sports at Marford. Sports started brightly but the goals soon flowed for Wanderers with skipper Tom Coates and Alex Vaughan on a pair each. Jason Slough, Liam Heffer and Adam Facer all chipped in with singles. Young ‘keeper Dean Goodwin from the club’s U17s kept his sheet clean with an assured performance in goal.
On Saturday Wheato travelled to Maple Cross and despite going down to an early strike came away with a 5-1 victory. Jason Slough led the way with his first hat-trick of the season and Alex Vaughan supplied the other two goals, his second being an outstanding overhead kick that Wayne Rooney would have been very proud of after great work on the byline and a fine cross from winger Adam Facer. Midfielder Liam Heffer was the standout player for Wanderers.
You may also want to watch:
This week Wheathampstead entertain Hemel Rovers at Marford and will be looking to complete a hat-trick of wins to start their season.
- 1 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 2 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 3 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 4 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 5 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 6 Property Spotlight: A fine fixer-upper close to popular St Albans schools
- 7 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 8 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Clean sheet for Centurions in Colosseum clash