Wheato in seventh heaven
Wheato follow up 7-0 win over Glenn Sports with 5-1 defeat of Maple Cross
West Herts League
Wheathampstead 7 Glenn Sports 0
NEWLY promoted Wheathampstead started their campaign in Division 1 of the West Herts League with a 7-0 demolition of Glenn Sports at Marford. Sports started brightly but the goals soon flowed for Wanderers with skipper Tom Coates and Alex Vaughan on a pair each. Jason Slough, Liam Heffer and Adam Facer all chipped in with singles. Young ‘keeper Dean Goodwin from the club’s U17s kept his sheet clean with an assured performance in goal.
On Saturday Wheato travelled to Maple Cross and despite going down to an early strike came away with a 5-1 victory. Jason Slough led the way with his first hat-trick of the season and Alex Vaughan supplied the other two goals, his second being an outstanding overhead kick that Wayne Rooney would have been very proud of after great work on the byline and a fine cross from winger Adam Facer. Midfielder Liam Heffer was the standout player for Wanderers.
You may also want to watch:
This week Wheathampstead entertain Hemel Rovers at Marford and will be looking to complete a hat-trick of wins to start their season.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district