Wheato exit County Cup
St Ippolyts victorious against Wanderers
Wheathampstead Wanderers 2
St Ippolyts 5
WHEATHAMPSTEAD were dumped out of the County Cup 5-2 to a well organised and determined St Ippolyts from the North & Mid Herts League.
The tie was effectively over after 10 minutes as Saints racked up three goals in quick succession while Wheato were still pulling their boots on.
Wanderers pulled one back through skipper Liam Heffer before the break and the second half was much more of a contest, with striker Alex Vaughan stabbing home his 11th goal of the season from close range but it was far too much of a hill to climb for Wheathampstead and the visitors clung on to their early lead.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 3 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 4 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 5 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 10 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
Heffer’s performance in midfield and his eighth goal of the campaign earned him Man of the Match. Ed Frost continues to impress alongside him and full-back Dean Baker demonstrated his willingness to head the ball at whatever height he finds it.