Wheato exit County Cup
St Ippolyts victorious against Wanderers
Wheathampstead Wanderers 2
St Ippolyts 5
WHEATHAMPSTEAD were dumped out of the County Cup 5-2 to a well organised and determined St Ippolyts from the North & Mid Herts League.
You may also want to watch:
The tie was effectively over after 10 minutes as Saints racked up three goals in quick succession while Wheato were still pulling their boots on.
Wanderers pulled one back through skipper Liam Heffer before the break and the second half was much more of a contest, with striker Alex Vaughan stabbing home his 11th goal of the season from close range but it was far too much of a hill to climb for Wheathampstead and the visitors clung on to their early lead.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 10 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
Heffer’s performance in midfield and his eighth goal of the campaign earned him Man of the Match. Ed Frost continues to impress alongside him and full-back Dean Baker demonstrated his willingness to head the ball at whatever height he finds it.