Wheato exit County Cup
St Ippolyts victorious against Wanderers
Wheathampstead Wanderers 2
St Ippolyts 5
WHEATHAMPSTEAD were dumped out of the County Cup 5-2 to a well organised and determined St Ippolyts from the North & Mid Herts League.
You may also want to watch:
The tie was effectively over after 10 minutes as Saints racked up three goals in quick succession while Wheato were still pulling their boots on.
Wanderers pulled one back through skipper Liam Heffer before the break and the second half was much more of a contest, with striker Alex Vaughan stabbing home his 11th goal of the season from close range but it was far too much of a hill to climb for Wheathampstead and the visitors clung on to their early lead.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
Heffer’s performance in midfield and his eighth goal of the campaign earned him Man of the Match. Ed Frost continues to impress alongside him and full-back Dean Baker demonstrated his willingness to head the ball at whatever height he finds it.