Wheathampsted crush Baldock
- Credit: Archant
WHEATHAMPSTEAD second win came in some style as they crushed Baldock at Avenue Park.
Having lost the toss, Adam Winchester’s men were asked to field and opening bowlers Mitchell Fitcher (3-36) and Nick Martin (3-21) both picked up a three-for as they ripped through the top order to reduce Baldock to 54-7.
After some lower order resistance, Dave Dabare (2-2) bowled tight lines and Baldock were eventually bowled out for 106. Ranjit Rayat and Luke Mongston top scored for the hosts, both notching 25 runs.
Chris Martin (50) played a superb knock and with good support from Mark Winchester (24no), Wheato knocked off the runs to pick up the much needed 30 points and move up to joint eight in Division 2.
Next week WCC welcome Holtwhites Trinibis to Nomansland.
You may also want to watch:
• The 2s won (166-2) won in equally emphatic fashion, beating Old Haberdashers (162) by eight wickets.
Jimmy McEwen’s picked up their fifth SHL Division Six win of the season thanks to a fine bowling display that was backed up by Sam Ledger (54no) and Tom Screen (67no). Next up is a trip to fifth placed Bentley Heath.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
• The 3s (77-1) picked up an easy nine-wicket win against Shenley Village (74).
Geoff Playle bowled superbly to pick up career best figures of 5-9 of 14 overs as Shenley Village were bowled out for just 74. Adam Potter (28) and Richard Hodgson (30no) knocked off the runs just one wicket down to hand the 3s their fifth successive win. The 3s travel to Kimpton on Saturday to face Old Camdenians.
• Usman Hussain (4-47) took four wickets and Ian Winchester scored 18 runs fro Wheathampstead (58) in a losing effort to Harpenden 6s (182). Next up is a trip to Frogmore 2s as they search for their first win of the season.