Wheathampstead Wanderers senior team reformed
- Credit: Archant
New sponsors, Harpenden Blinds, step in, too
Wheathampstead Wanderers have returned to senior football after a four-year absence.
The majority of the team has been away at university but they have now reformed the team they first played for at U7.
As a result, the club has signed a sponsorship deal with Harpenden Blinds. They team wore the new kits in Saturday’s 5-0 pre-seasonn win over Thundridge at Marford Road.
Harpenden Blinds’ owner Kevin Buckler said: “We are delighted to launch our partnership with Wanderers. They are a genuinely local football club with a friendly atmosphere and tremendous enthusiam - all the qualities we promote here at Harpenden Blinds.”
You may also want to watch:
Wanderers will compete in the Hertford and District League and will look to repay their sponsors with success on the field this season.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images