Wheathampstead Seconds slated on batting wicket
Division Eight Old Cholmeleians II 241-7 (53.0) Wheathampstead II 163-10 (39.5) WHEATHAMPSTEAD II suffered after choosing to bowl first on a slate bedded wicket at Old Cholmeleians on Saturday.
Old Cholmeleians II 241-7 (53.0) Wheathampstead II 163-10 (39.5)
WHEATHAMPSTEAD II suffered after choosing to bowl first on a slate bedded wicket at Old Cholmeleians on Saturday.
Skipper Lawrence Garland won the toss and then watched on as OC opener Mitcham (84) and number three Clowes (94 not out) dominated in a powerful total of 241-7.
You may also want to watch:
Guy Wilson claimed four wickets late in the innings aided by two sharp stumpings from wicket keeper Tim Kiek.
Chasing such a total was always going to be tough, and despite a belligerent 62 from Tim Kiek and useful runs from David Dabare (21), Wheato eventually succumbed to 163-10 in 40 overs. Gibbard and Clowes each bagged three wickets for OCs.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
After the match, Wheathampstead star Kiek urged his fellow batsmen to follow his example with better application and concentration on technique.