Wheathampstead Seconds slated on batting wicket
Division Eight Old Cholmeleians II 241-7 (53.0) Wheathampstead II 163-10 (39.5) WHEATHAMPSTEAD II suffered after choosing to bowl first on a slate bedded wicket at Old Cholmeleians on Saturday.
Old Cholmeleians II 241-7 (53.0) Wheathampstead II 163-10 (39.5)
WHEATHAMPSTEAD II suffered after choosing to bowl first on a slate bedded wicket at Old Cholmeleians on Saturday.
Skipper Lawrence Garland won the toss and then watched on as OC opener Mitcham (84) and number three Clowes (94 not out) dominated in a powerful total of 241-7.
Guy Wilson claimed four wickets late in the innings aided by two sharp stumpings from wicket keeper Tim Kiek.
Chasing such a total was always going to be tough, and despite a belligerent 62 from Tim Kiek and useful runs from David Dabare (21), Wheato eventually succumbed to 163-10 in 40 overs. Gibbard and Clowes each bagged three wickets for OCs.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 8 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 9 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
After the match, Wheathampstead star Kiek urged his fellow batsmen to follow his example with better application and concentration on technique.