Wheathampstead Seconds slated on batting wicket
Division Eight Old Cholmeleians II 241-7 (53.0) Wheathampstead II 163-10 (39.5) WHEATHAMPSTEAD II suffered after choosing to bowl first on a slate bedded wicket at Old Cholmeleians on Saturday.
Old Cholmeleians II 241-7 (53.0) Wheathampstead II 163-10 (39.5)
WHEATHAMPSTEAD II suffered after choosing to bowl first on a slate bedded wicket at Old Cholmeleians on Saturday.
Skipper Lawrence Garland won the toss and then watched on as OC opener Mitcham (84) and number three Clowes (94 not out) dominated in a powerful total of 241-7.
You may also want to watch:
Guy Wilson claimed four wickets late in the innings aided by two sharp stumpings from wicket keeper Tim Kiek.
Chasing such a total was always going to be tough, and despite a belligerent 62 from Tim Kiek and useful runs from David Dabare (21), Wheato eventually succumbed to 163-10 in 40 overs. Gibbard and Clowes each bagged three wickets for OCs.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
After the match, Wheathampstead star Kiek urged his fellow batsmen to follow his example with better application and concentration on technique.