Wheathampstead in seventh heaven
Heffer hits hat-trick in big win
Lemsford Reserves 1
Wheathampstead Wanderers 7
Wheathampstead progressed to the second round of the County Cup with an emphatic 7-1 derby win at Lemsford.
You may also want to watch:
The home side did not roll over and at half-time the game was tied at 1-1. Inspirational skipper Liam Heffer opened the scoring but a rashly conceded penalty by makeshift full-back Neil Given put Lemsford back on level terms.
After the break Wanderers settled into their pass-and-move style with young Ed Frost, veteran Tom Coates and left winger Mike Bray pulling the strings in midfield. Goals soon followed with Man of the Match Heffer, completing his hat-trick, joined by Coates, Frost, Jason Ling, Alex Vaughan and super sub James Elliott.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 6 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Wheato will face a sterner test in the next round after being drawn with high flying St Ippolyts.