Wheathampstead eye promotion
Division Three Wheathampstead v St Albans II match cancelled FIFTH placed Wheathampstead are turning their attentions to the promotion chase after a Saturday off due to rain. Both Wheato and sixth-placed St Albans picked up 10 points each as rain washed
Wheathampstead v St Albans II match cancelled
FIFTH placed Wheathampstead are turning their attentions to the promotion chase after a Saturday off due to rain.
Both Wheato and sixth-placed St Albans picked up 10 points each as rain washed out any chance of play.
This Saturday, Wheathampstead face a crunch match at fourth placed Bishop's Stortford with the outcome likely to determine the fourth promotion spot to Division Two. St Albans II host London Colney.
Adrian Lewis and Ben Griffiths picked up a wicket each before rain forced the Division Eight match between Wheathampstead II and Allenbury to be abandoned. Hosts Allenburys were reduced to 84-2 before the match was halted.
- 1 LIVE: St Albans and Harpenden A-level results 2022
- 2 Hemel Hempstead man wanted as part of assault investigation
- 3 Franco Manca receives licence to serve alcohol in St Albans
- 4 'Minor explosions' heard during garage fire near St Albans
- 5 St Albans one of the UK's top 10 most beautiful cities, says tiling firm
- 6 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 7 All trains cancelled between St Albans Abbey and Watford
- 8 'Get a grip on lawless Charter Market', traders demand in leaked audio
- 9 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 Two Renault Trafic vans broken into in Hemel Hempstead
On Sunday Wheathampstead took on Alburey Entertainers in a 40-over match but a potentially exciting second innings was washed out. Wheato batted first and posted 230-6 before tea. Peter Robbins (18) supported well in an opening stand of 74 with colt Harry Swan, who blasted his way to 80, including 11 fours and a six.
Dave Dabare raced to 30 before holing out at point but there was no respite for Alburey as Dave Stevens continued as he left off last week, hitting eight fours and two sixes in his 52 not out. A nice cameo innings by Steve Winton (20 not out) took the Wheato score to 230-6.
The heavens opened once more and unfortunately the game was cancelled with the Wheato bowlers chomping at the bit.