Wheathampstead extend unbeaten run to eight
West Herts League Wheathampstead 2 Potten End 0 Wheathampstead extended their unbeaten run to eight games winning 2-0 against a Potten End side who had turned them over easily earlier in the season. With almost a full squad available Wanderers dominated t
West Herts League
Wheathampstead 2 Potten End 0
Wheathampstead extended their unbeaten run to eight games winning 2-0 against a Potten End side who had turned them over easily earlier in the season. With almost a full squad available Wanderers dominated the first half and should have been comfortably ahead but for some shameful finishing.
The goal, when it came, was a gift from the visitors as a Wheato corner was headed into his own net by a Potten defender.
You may also want to watch:
The second goal was also scored before the break but this time was of real quality. Right-back Adem Berkay picked out striker Lee Cordell perfectly with a huge cross-field pass and the frontman made no mistake slotting his 10th goal of the season.
Potten were the better team in the second half but rarely troubled the Wheato defence. Goalkeeper Richard Foord had a superb game, racing out to smother any half-chances and making one particularly spectacular save from a shot in the first half.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
The win moves the Wanderers up to a very respectable fourth place in the table.