Wheathampstead extend unbeaten run to eight
West Herts League Wheathampstead 2 Potten End 0 Wheathampstead extended their unbeaten run to eight games winning 2-0 against a Potten End side who had turned them over easily earlier in the season. With almost a full squad available Wanderers dominated t
West Herts League
Wheathampstead 2 Potten End 0
Wheathampstead extended their unbeaten run to eight games winning 2-0 against a Potten End side who had turned them over easily earlier in the season. With almost a full squad available Wanderers dominated the first half and should have been comfortably ahead but for some shameful finishing.
The goal, when it came, was a gift from the visitors as a Wheato corner was headed into his own net by a Potten defender.
You may also want to watch:
The second goal was also scored before the break but this time was of real quality. Right-back Adem Berkay picked out striker Lee Cordell perfectly with a huge cross-field pass and the frontman made no mistake slotting his 10th goal of the season.
Potten were the better team in the second half but rarely troubled the Wheato defence. Goalkeeper Richard Foord had a superb game, racing out to smother any half-chances and making one particularly spectacular save from a shot in the first half.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
The win moves the Wanderers up to a very respectable fourth place in the table.