Wheathampstead extend unbeaten run to eight
West Herts League Wheathampstead 2 Potten End 0 Wheathampstead extended their unbeaten run to eight games winning 2-0 against a Potten End side who had turned them over easily earlier in the season. With almost a full squad available Wanderers dominated t
West Herts League
Wheathampstead 2 Potten End 0
Wheathampstead extended their unbeaten run to eight games winning 2-0 against a Potten End side who had turned them over easily earlier in the season. With almost a full squad available Wanderers dominated the first half and should have been comfortably ahead but for some shameful finishing.
The goal, when it came, was a gift from the visitors as a Wheato corner was headed into his own net by a Potten defender.
The second goal was also scored before the break but this time was of real quality. Right-back Adem Berkay picked out striker Lee Cordell perfectly with a huge cross-field pass and the frontman made no mistake slotting his 10th goal of the season.
Potten were the better team in the second half but rarely troubled the Wheato defence. Goalkeeper Richard Foord had a superb game, racing out to smother any half-chances and making one particularly spectacular save from a shot in the first half.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 10 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
The win moves the Wanderers up to a very respectable fourth place in the table.