Weymouth sign Critchell, Dorchester chairman to step down, and Bath look at duo
WEYMOUTH have re-signed Kyle Critchell following his release by Wrexham. The 22-year-old former Southampton trainee first appeared for The Terras in the 2007/08 season but switched to North Wales last season. Critchell made just two appearances for Wrexh
WEYMOUTH have re-signed Kyle Critchell following his release by Wrexham.
The 22-year-old former Southampton trainee first appeared for The Terras in the 2007/08 season but switched to North Wales last season.
Critchell made just two appearances for Wrexham and spent part of last season on loan at York City before being released by manager Dean Saunders.
Dorchester Town and a host of other clubs were said to be interested in Critchell but the defender plumped for the Wessex Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
Dorchester Town chairman Eddie Mitchell is expected to step down from his position by the end of the week with director Dave Roberts taking over.
Mitchell is part of the Murry consortium who have taken over Bournemouth and due to FA regulations Mitchell is not allowed to hold a position of power at two clubs.
- 1 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 2 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 3 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 4 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 5 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 6 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 7 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 8 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 9 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 10 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
Mitchell has confirmed that he will still have a major investment in the county town club who expect to name club administrator Annie Greenslade as vice-chairman.
Bath City are giving a trial to local lad Jamie Taylor after he was released by Swindon Town.
The Bath-born striker scored goals for fun last season as Swindon U18s won the Puma Youth Alliance South West title but the 18-year-old wasn't offered a professional deal due to financial cutbacks at the County Ground.
Bath boss Adie Britton also looks set to capture former TeamBath midfielder Mike Perrott after the pair discussed terms last week.