Weymouth sign Critchell, Dorchester chairman to step down, and Bath look at duo
WEYMOUTH have re-signed Kyle Critchell following his release by Wrexham. The 22-year-old former Southampton trainee first appeared for The Terras in the 2007/08 season but switched to North Wales last season. Critchell made just two appearances for Wrexh
WEYMOUTH have re-signed Kyle Critchell following his release by Wrexham.
The 22-year-old former Southampton trainee first appeared for The Terras in the 2007/08 season but switched to North Wales last season.
Critchell made just two appearances for Wrexham and spent part of last season on loan at York City before being released by manager Dean Saunders.
Dorchester Town and a host of other clubs were said to be interested in Critchell but the defender plumped for the Wessex Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
Dorchester Town chairman Eddie Mitchell is expected to step down from his position by the end of the week with director Dave Roberts taking over.
Mitchell is part of the Murry consortium who have taken over Bournemouth and due to FA regulations Mitchell is not allowed to hold a position of power at two clubs.
- 1 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 2 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 3 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 4 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 5 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
- 6 Blooming Burnham flower tributes 'spread love not lurgies'
- 7 St Albans' COVID cases decline considerably as roadmap out of lockdown announced
- 8 Harpenden receives high praise from Health Secretary over vaccine
- 9 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 10 Renewed promises made across three generations of Herts guides
Mitchell has confirmed that he will still have a major investment in the county town club who expect to name club administrator Annie Greenslade as vice-chairman.
Bath City are giving a trial to local lad Jamie Taylor after he was released by Swindon Town.
The Bath-born striker scored goals for fun last season as Swindon U18s won the Puma Youth Alliance South West title but the 18-year-old wasn't offered a professional deal due to financial cutbacks at the County Ground.
Bath boss Adie Britton also looks set to capture former TeamBath midfielder Mike Perrott after the pair discussed terms last week.