Weymouth sign Critchell, Dorchester chairman to step down, and Bath look at duo
WEYMOUTH have re-signed Kyle Critchell following his release by Wrexham. The 22-year-old former Southampton trainee first appeared for The Terras in the 2007/08 season but switched to North Wales last season. Critchell made just two appearances for Wrexh
WEYMOUTH have re-signed Kyle Critchell following his release by Wrexham.
The 22-year-old former Southampton trainee first appeared for The Terras in the 2007/08 season but switched to North Wales last season.
Critchell made just two appearances for Wrexham and spent part of last season on loan at York City before being released by manager Dean Saunders.
Dorchester Town and a host of other clubs were said to be interested in Critchell but the defender plumped for the Wessex Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
Dorchester Town chairman Eddie Mitchell is expected to step down from his position by the end of the week with director Dave Roberts taking over.
Mitchell is part of the Murry consortium who have taken over Bournemouth and due to FA regulations Mitchell is not allowed to hold a position of power at two clubs.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 9 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
Mitchell has confirmed that he will still have a major investment in the county town club who expect to name club administrator Annie Greenslade as vice-chairman.
Bath City are giving a trial to local lad Jamie Taylor after he was released by Swindon Town.
The Bath-born striker scored goals for fun last season as Swindon U18s won the Puma Youth Alliance South West title but the 18-year-old wasn't offered a professional deal due to financial cutbacks at the County Ground.
Bath boss Adie Britton also looks set to capture former TeamBath midfielder Mike Perrott after the pair discussed terms last week.