Weston hit back to cancel out Elphick favour
FORMER Saint Gary Elphick struck for Havant & Waterlooville but Weston-super-Mare struck back with a last gasp equaliser on Monday. Elphick appeared to have done his former club a mighty favour with the opening goal on 80 minutes
FORMER Saint Gary Elphick struck for Havant & Waterlooville but Weston-super-Mare struck back with a last gasp equaliser on Monday.
Elphick appeared to have done his former club a mighty favour with the opening goal on 80 minutes but Havant could not hold on. Weston struck back in the 94th minute and are now just one point behind Steve Castle's City.
Saints, on 37 points, host Eastleigh at Clarence Park on Saturday before travelling to Maidenhead United on Tuesday and then facing Hampton & Richmond at home on Saturday, April 26. City know that three wins, taking them to 46 points would almost certainly secure their place in the Blue Square South for next season. Maidenhead, on 37 points, know that nine points from their remaining four games will ensure safety with a vastly better goal difference than The Saints.
Weston-super-Mare, now on 36 points, host Maidenhead United on Thursday in a match that will give the winners a great chance of securing safety and leave the losers deep in the mire. Weston will hope to collect two more home wins as they face Bromley on Saturday and Basingstoke Town on Monday before going away to Lewes on the final day of the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Dorchester Town are six points adrift of the safety zone with three to play but travel to Lewes on Saturday before hosting Braintree Town and finishing with a trip to Bromley.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school