Weston gain repreive and Holmes switches to Bees
The latest news from Blue Square South
WESTON-SUPER-MARE have been given a reprieve due to Salisbury City’s demotion.
Salisbury have been chucked out of the Football Conference because they broke the Conference’s rules regarding the repayment of creditors and will start next season in the Southern Premier League.
Former Chelmsford City star Ricky Holmes has completed a deal to join npower League Two side Barnet.
Holmes, arguably the league’s outstanding talent last season, was released by Chelmsford in order to pursue full-time football. The Clarets have signed striker Sam Higgins from East Thurrock to replace Holmes.
Blue Square South newcomers Farnborough have signed Dale Binns after the winger was released by Hayes & Yeading while fellow newboys Dartford have snapped up Ollie Berquez.
Welling have snapped up defender Jamie Coyle from rivals Dartford and the Wings have also retained goalkeeper Charlie Mitten and midfielders Dean Cracknell and Loui Fazakerley.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 5 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 6 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 7 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 8 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 9 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 10 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
Lewes will have to do without the services of midfielder Joe Keehan who has signed for Blue Square Premier outfit Rushden & Diamonds.