Weston gain repreive and Holmes switches to Bees
The latest news from Blue Square South
WESTON-SUPER-MARE have been given a reprieve due to Salisbury City’s demotion.
Salisbury have been chucked out of the Football Conference because they broke the Conference’s rules regarding the repayment of creditors and will start next season in the Southern Premier League.
Former Chelmsford City star Ricky Holmes has completed a deal to join npower League Two side Barnet.
Holmes, arguably the league’s outstanding talent last season, was released by Chelmsford in order to pursue full-time football. The Clarets have signed striker Sam Higgins from East Thurrock to replace Holmes.
You may also want to watch:
Blue Square South newcomers Farnborough have signed Dale Binns after the winger was released by Hayes & Yeading while fellow newboys Dartford have snapped up Ollie Berquez.
Welling have snapped up defender Jamie Coyle from rivals Dartford and the Wings have also retained goalkeeper Charlie Mitten and midfielders Dean Cracknell and Loui Fazakerley.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Lewes will have to do without the services of midfielder Joe Keehan who has signed for Blue Square Premier outfit Rushden & Diamonds.