Weston gain repreive and Holmes switches to Bees
The latest news from Blue Square South
WESTON-SUPER-MARE have been given a reprieve due to Salisbury City’s demotion.
Salisbury have been chucked out of the Football Conference because they broke the Conference’s rules regarding the repayment of creditors and will start next season in the Southern Premier League.
Former Chelmsford City star Ricky Holmes has completed a deal to join npower League Two side Barnet.
Holmes, arguably the league’s outstanding talent last season, was released by Chelmsford in order to pursue full-time football. The Clarets have signed striker Sam Higgins from East Thurrock to replace Holmes.
Blue Square South newcomers Farnborough have signed Dale Binns after the winger was released by Hayes & Yeading while fellow newboys Dartford have snapped up Ollie Berquez.
Welling have snapped up defender Jamie Coyle from rivals Dartford and the Wings have also retained goalkeeper Charlie Mitten and midfielders Dean Cracknell and Loui Fazakerley.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 8 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 9 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 10 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
Lewes will have to do without the services of midfielder Joe Keehan who has signed for Blue Square Premier outfit Rushden & Diamonds.