Webster Cup progress for Wheato
WHEATHAMPSTEAD Wanderers booked their place in the semi final of the Webster Cup with a great 3-1 win against Division One high flyers Aldenham.
Goals came from Alex Vaughan, man of the match Adam Facer and a penalty from Jason Ling.
On Saturday Wheato went their customary goal behind but bounced back in some style to beat King Sports Reserves 7-1 at Westminster Lodge.
Vaughan added his 20th and 21st goals of the season with singles from David Bailey, Richard Foord, Jason Slough, Adam Facer and a superb solo effort from left back Adem Berkay.
Frankie Buckler was Man of the Match with a composed game at centre half.
You may also want to watch:
This week second-placed Wanderers travel to third-placed Tring in a league game which could well decide which of them gains promotion.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe