Weather frustrates Saints
ADVERSE weather conditions ruled out St Peter’s scheduled home fixture with high-flying Knebworth on Saturday.
The previous weekend, when the majority of fixtures were also called off due to frozen pitches, the Saints’ away game with Belstone went ahead.
On a tricky but playable pitch, the Saints blew the opportunity of making ground on the leading pack, following a woeful second half showing against their mid-table opponents.
A goalless opening 45 minutes was pretty even, with the home side creating the slightly better scoring opportunities only to be denied by ‘keeper Billy Barnes who continued his recent good form.
It all went wrong for the Saints after the interval as Quinn helped himself to a hat-trick with Ratcliffe also on target as Belstone ran out 4-0 winners.
You may also want to watch:
The result came on the back of the Saints’ exit from the Herts Intermediate Cup after a 6-1 drubbing at Royston Town Reserves.
Three goals down at the break they rallied after the break to reduce the arrears through Joel Norris, but the home side finished the stronger to run out easy winners.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 10 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
After the game joint top scorer Brinsley Bailey parted company with the Saints, agreeing to join the South Midlands League side following an approach.
Weather permitting the Saints travel to London Colney Blues on Saturday with kick off at 2pm.