We were different class - Frendo
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City goal machine John Frendo felt his side were “different class” as they won promotion to the Skrill South or North with a 3-1 Calor Southern League Premier Division play-off final victory over Chesham United this afternoon.
Frendo struck twice against United, Steve Wales grabbed the other, to ensure the Saints a return to the second tier of the non-league pyramid.
Speaking exclusively to the Herts Ad about securing promotion in his first season with the club, he said: “[It’s] unbelievable, words cannot describe it.”
Frendo’s two goals took his final tally for the season to 43.
The former Hitchin Town forward was also on target in the 4-2 play-off semi-final win over Cambridge City on Wednesday.
Of his side he added: “We were different class today and in the semi-final, we deserved it.
“The supporters have been fantastic the last two games and all season and we’ll be ready to go again next year.”
- 1 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 2 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 7 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 8 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Hertfordshire
- 9 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
- 10 Medals, fast times and great performances for St Albans swimmers at championships
Asked if a lot of the current squad will be at the club next season, he said: “Definitely, we’ve just got it going here, we’ve got a good little mix and team spirit’s good.”