We were different class - Frendo
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City goal machine John Frendo felt his side were “different class” as they won promotion to the Skrill South or North with a 3-1 Calor Southern League Premier Division play-off final victory over Chesham United this afternoon.
Frendo struck twice against United, Steve Wales grabbed the other, to ensure the Saints a return to the second tier of the non-league pyramid.
Speaking exclusively to the Herts Ad about securing promotion in his first season with the club, he said: “[It’s] unbelievable, words cannot describe it.”
Frendo’s two goals took his final tally for the season to 43.
The former Hitchin Town forward was also on target in the 4-2 play-off semi-final win over Cambridge City on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
Of his side he added: “We were different class today and in the semi-final, we deserved it.
“The supporters have been fantastic the last two games and all season and we’ll be ready to go again next year.”
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 8 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 9 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
Asked if a lot of the current squad will be at the club next season, he said: “Definitely, we’ve just got it going here, we’ve got a good little mix and team spirit’s good.”