We were different class - Frendo
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City goal machine John Frendo felt his side were “different class” as they won promotion to the Skrill South or North with a 3-1 Calor Southern League Premier Division play-off final victory over Chesham United this afternoon.
Frendo struck twice against United, Steve Wales grabbed the other, to ensure the Saints a return to the second tier of the non-league pyramid.
Speaking exclusively to the Herts Ad about securing promotion in his first season with the club, he said: “[It’s] unbelievable, words cannot describe it.”
Frendo’s two goals took his final tally for the season to 43.
The former Hitchin Town forward was also on target in the 4-2 play-off semi-final win over Cambridge City on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
Of his side he added: “We were different class today and in the semi-final, we deserved it.
“The supporters have been fantastic the last two games and all season and we’ll be ready to go again next year.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
Asked if a lot of the current squad will be at the club next season, he said: “Definitely, we’ve just got it going here, we’ve got a good little mix and team spirit’s good.”