WBBL season starts now says Oaklands Wolves’ head coach Lee Ryan
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves head north to Scotland looking to get their WBBL season back on track.
The Oaklands College-based side will play Caledonia Pride in Glasgow after defeat at home to Leicester Riders on Saturday consigned them to a fourth-straight loss in the league.
However, there was better news on Sunday as a road trip to Cardiff Met Archers in the WBBL Cup brought an 81-64 success.
Head coach Lee Ryan said: “It’s been a challenging start to the season, we were flying in pre-season and for whatever reason things have not clicked since the start of the campaign.
“We have let a couple of wins go so far and that’s frustrating as we know we have the team to get results this season.
You may also want to watch:
“The cup result on Sunday came at the right time for us and we will be looking to take that forward to the league fixture in Scotland this weekend.”
Anneke Schluter top scored for the Wolves in both games with a combined total of 47.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 10 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart